become an editor
the entire directory
only in Science_and_Environment/Biology
Science and Environment
Physiology, Academic Departments
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Recreation and Sports: Pets
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Society and Culture: Issues: Environment
BioImages - Virtual Fieldguide for UK Biodiversity
- Large selection of pictures of organisms, mostly British in origin. Images are an aid to identification, showing different stages, states and views of the organisms. Search the database or follow a taxonomic tree.
- Biology resources for educators, pupils and the general public from the University of Central Lancashire.
Centre for Ecology & Hydrology Homepage
- Undertakes research, and monitoring in terrestrial and freshwater sciences.
Deep Sea World
- The National Aquarium of Scotland. Find out about British marine life as well as tropical and sub tropical exhibits.
London Regenerative Medicine Network
- Aims to bring together businesses and communities involved in stem cell research, tissue engineering and regenerative medicine. Includes details of meetings, links to participants and contacts.
National Centre for Biotechnology Education
- Offers educational resources and practical training for teachers in several European Union countries. Includes links on discussion boards, lab safety tips, and information.
The National Institute for Biological Standards and Control
- Multi-disciplinary scientific establishment responsible for safeguard and enhance public health by standardising and controlling biological substances used in medicine. Provides information about NIBSC, biological standards and publications.
Nottingham Arabidopsis Stock Centre
- Provides seed from up to 200 different lines of Thale cress for academic and research purposes.
Society for Low Temperature Biology
- Promotes research into the effects of low temperatures on all types of organisms and their constituent cells, tissues and organs. Such studies have applications in a diverse variety of scientific fields from biology and medicine to engineering. Includes newsletter and archives.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 21, 2015 at 16:33:41 UTC -