become an editor
the entire directory
only in Science_and_Environment/Astronomy
Science and Environment
- Research and development project to produce a virtual observatory based on grid technologies. Site has news, forum and wiki areas allowing free and open collaboration on project.
Astrophysics at Bristol University
- Site describes teaching facilities and contains information on current research programs.
Cornwall Astronomy Society
- A small group of amateur astronomers who meet regularly for talks, meteor watches, observing and a summer barbecue.
- Web based astronomy group with free membership and eZine and several observing sites across Hampshire and beyond.
The Joint Astronomy Centre
- Services and support to enable astronomers to undertake research using the James Clerk Maxwell Telescope and the United Kingdom Infrared Telescope.
The Royal Observatory, Greenwich
- An informative website from the home of the Prime Meridian of the world.
Southampton Astronomy Group
- University of Southampton provides course details plus information on local seminars, speakers, and articles.
- An online computing facility for UK astronomers. Consists of a network of computers at UK universities, a collection of software to reduce and analyse astronomical data, and a team giving hardware, software, and administrative support.
UK Planetary Forum
- Representative body for the UK planetary science community. Includes information on meetings and details of members and their research topics.
United Kingdom Gemini Office
- News and reminders plus links for observing with the Gemini telescopes, operational and UK support plans.
X-ray and Observational Astronomy Group, University of Leicester
- General information, details of facilities, meetings, and post-graduate opportunities.
Usenet uk.org.starlink.announce -
Usenet uk.org.starlink.misc -
Usenet uk.sci.astronomy -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 4, 2014 at 22:48:38 UTC -