become an editor
the entire directory
only in Science_and_Environment/Agriculture
Science and Environment
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Business and Economy: Agriculture and Forestry
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Government: Agriculture
Agroforestry Research Trust
- A non-profit making UK body which researches into temperate agroforestry and all aspects of plant cropping and uses, including tree, shrub and perennial crops.
Dairy Development Centre
- Organisation aims to develop the Welsh dairy industry through the provision of a technology transfer service and market intelligence.
European Agency for Safety and Health at Work
- Information and additional resources on safety in the agriculture sector, focused on the EU.
Forest Stewardship Council
- Sets forest management standards for the UK and provides an information service.
Linking Environment and Farming (LEAF)
- Details about the organisation that helps farmers and growers protect the environment, together with information for producers and consumers.
Low Luckens Organic Resource Centre
- A non-profit making charity in north-east Cumbria. Site provides information about organic meat, foot and mouth, sustainability in farming, and local conservation programmes.
- Multidisciplinary-based research institute investigating rural economic development and the protection and enhancement of natural resources. Site provides details of research and publications plus information about the Institute.
National Institute of Agricultural Botany
- Independent body specialising in agriculture, horticulture and food. It supplies a number of services including consultancy, training, and technical advice to governments, supra-governmental agencies, agribusiness and farmers.
Oxford Sandy & Black Pig Society
- A society dedicated to preserving and enhancing this endangered breed.
- Provides information on swine health and diseases, and safety of pork. Has nearly 1000 articles and links on the subject matter and has a book shop on pig topics. Includes coverage of 2001 foot and mouth outbreak.
The Royal Agricultural Society of England
- Charity devoted to the advancement of British agriculture through good science and stewardship. Organisers of the Royal Show, the Town and Country Festival and The Amateur Gardening Spring Show.
Royal Forestry Society
- Information on trees, forest management and careers in arboriculture and forestry.
Secure Your Fertiliser
- Advice to farmers from the National Counter Terrorism Security Office.
- A guide to farming practices, the history of agriculture, the history of the countryside, conservation in practice and a 'field to fridge' series.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 21, 2015 at 16:24:59 UTC -