the entire directory
only in United_Kingdom/Science_and_Environment
Science and Environment
Anomalies and Alternative Science
Demography and Population Studies
Zoos and Aquariums
News and Media
Products and Services
Regional: Europe: Science and Environment
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Government: Research Councils
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Government: Science and Technology
This category in other languages:
BBC Science & Nature
- Information about humans, animals, space, the planet Earth and various hot topics. Includes TV listings, Listen Again online radio, news reports, quizzes, picture galleries and games.
British Geological Survey Seismology
- Includes reports of earthquakes in the British Isles, from the BGS and from those experiencing the quake.
Diamond Light Source
- The Diamond synchrotron is a new scientific facility on the Harwell Science and Innovation Campus, Oxfordshire. Provides information on the beamlines and the technology involved.
- Promotes sustainable transport with a range of zero-emission, electric vehicles. Includes information on models, charging stations, service and parts.
- Exhibition and display centre based on sustainability. Information about the centre, the wind turbine, grounds and facilities. Details for visitors, and of conference services. Swaffham.
The Green Village
- Blog with green news and articles.
- Wildlife and environment news from the British Isles.
The Institute of Physics
- The site for physics and physicists, including information on Institute membership and activities, online news, books, magazines and journals.
Intute: Biological Sciences
- Directory of natural history information and resources relevant to the UK provided by Intute, a network of British universities.
The Naked Scientists Online
- Contains science articles, online discussion forum, interviews with famous scientists, book reviews and free MP3 downloads of their science radio shows.
National Association for Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty (NAAONB)
- An independent organisation representing Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONBs) in England, Wales, and Northern Ireland. Information about their activities and aims, with links to local areas.
National Institute for Environmental e-Science
- Details of its programmes, projects, events, personnel.
The Royal Society
- Dedicated to recognising excellence in science, furthering the role of science, engineering and technology and promoting public understanding of science.
Scotland and Northern Ireland Forum for Environmental Research
- Identifies and manages environmental research on behalf of members and stakeholders.
Sense About Science
- A charitable trust to encourage an evidence-based approach to scientific and technological developments. Information and briefing documents about particular issues, along with details of how to get involved.
- Site showing tide predictions for a number of sites around the UK, up to 28 days ahead. Lists high tides and low tides, with locations plotted on a Google Map.
UK Genetic Testing Network
- Advises the NHS on genetic testing across the whole of the UK. Includes information for members of the public and for professionals, and on the laboratory services available.
Web of Knowledge
- Citation and journal database. For academic users, requires authentication and login.
With Nature UK
- A guide to the scenery and natural history of Britain. Includes daily news headlines and outdoors lifestyle information.
Wye Valley Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
- Describes the landscape, wildlife and heritage of the area, straddling the Welsh and English border counties; includes information about conservation, and for visitors.
Usenet uk.sci.misc -
Science and Environment
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 14, 2014 at 11:15:07 UTC -