become an editor
the entire directory
only in Walking/Organisations
Recreation and Sports
Open Directory - Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Recreation and Sports: Walking: Organisations
Recreation: Outdoors: Hiking: Organizations
Recreation: Outdoors: Organizations: Europe: United Kingdom
- Promote and encourage backpacking for the benefit of members involved in lightweight camping via walking, cycling, cross-country skiing or canoeing.
Bremex Mountaineering and Climbing Club
- Charitable trust aiming to improve skills and safety for individuals, by offering expedition skills training, and weekend mountain leadership courses. Includes review articles, photograph gallery, membership details and login.
British Walking Federation
- Organises non-competitive events for people of all ages and abilities. Includes event information, listing of member clubs and contacts .
Long Distance Walkers Association
- Promotes organised challenge walks, pioneers new walking routes and publishes information on non-competitive walking. Includes photographs, related links and a listing of local groups and paths.
National Christian Rambling Club
- Arranges walks of various grades throughout the country. Includes event programme, history, FAQ and membership information.
- Organise walks throughout the country, for people of varying ages and abilities, usually on disused railways . Group history, photograph gallery and membership details .
- A British registered charity which promotes rambling, protects rights of way, campaigns for access to open country and defends the countryside.
Red Rope - Socialist Walkers and Climbers
- A national club for socialist walkers and climbers. It is organised around regions under the umbrella of the national club.
Society of Sussex Downsmen
- Charity dedicated to the protection and conservation of the Sussex Downs. We organise walking programmes and events for walkers of all abilities throughout the Sussex Downs and the South Downs Way.
YHA Group Ring
- Webring of outdoor activity groups affiliated with the Youth Hostels Association of England and Wales.
- Resources for walking clubs affiliated to the Youth Hostel Association. Map of local groups, discussion forum, first aid and equipment tips, ideas for organising events.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 26, 2013 at 14:44:30 UTC -