become an editor
the entire directory
only in Long_Distance_Paths/Hadrian's_Wall_Path
Recreation and Sports
Long Distance Paths
Hadrian's Wall Path
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: England: Cumbria
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: England: Northumberland
Hadrian's Wall Path National Trail
- Official trail site. Trail description, history, map, publications, transport and photos.
BBC History: Housesteads Roman Fort Virtual Reality Tour
- History and 3D reconstructions of the fort, which stands on Hadrian's Wall and is now owned by the National Trust.
Birdoswald Roman Fort
- The official site for this attraction near Brampton, Cumbria. Illustrated description of the fort and recent excavations there. Information on its visitor and study centres. Facilities, events, news.
Britannia: Touring Hadrian's Wall
- A detailed touring guide by David Nash Ford to the places of interest along Hadrian's Wall from Carlisle to Wallsend.
Explore Hadrian's Wall
- A travel guide which includes sections on the history of the wall, Roman sites along the wall, local attractions and travel information.
- Following Trajan's expansionist policy, Hadrian tried to consolidate the Roman empire and strengthen it by such means as this great fortified wall. Illustrated article from About.com, with links.
- Roman fort and settlement by Hadrian's Wall, where rare ink on wood letters were discovered. Visitor information, excavation news. Online shopping: books, reproduction Roman jewellery, weapons, figures, games.
BBC News: Roman Souvenir of Wall Found
- Archaeologists say a bronze pan found in Staffordshire is a Roman souvenir of the building of Hadrian's Wall. (September 30, 2003)
BBC News: Roman Trail Re-opens
- The whole of Hadrian's Wall from Cumbria to Tyneside opens to walkers for the first time since the Romans abandoned it. (May 23, 2003)
Hadrian's Wall Path
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 29, 2015 at 15:54:05 UTC -