become an editor
the entire directory
only in Walking/Long_Distance_Paths
Recreation and Sports
Long Distance Paths
Anglesey Coastal Path
Avon Valley Path
Cape Wrath Trail
Coast to Coast Walk
End to End Walk
Great Glen Way
Hadrian's Wall Path
Heart of England Way
Lyke Wake Walk
North Downs Way
Offa's Dyke Path
Peddars Way and Norfolk Coast Path
Pembrokeshire Coast Path
South Downs Way
South West Coast Path
Southern Upland Way
St Cuthbert's Way
West Highland Way
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Recreation and Sports: Sports: Cycling: Long Distance Cycle Routes
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Recreation and Sports: Sports: Equestrian
- Information about trails in Yorkshire and other parts of Northern England.
- Circular route passing through the five market towns of the county. Includes route details, maps, photo gallery, and useful links.
Icknield Way Path
- Official site for a route claimed to be the oldest road in Britain running from Ivinghoe Beacon in Buckinghamshire to Knettishall Heath in Norfolk.
- A guide to a walking route following the River Itchen from its mouth at Southampton, through Hampshire countryside to its source.
Long Distance Footpaths in Britain
- A guide to long distance walks in the UK by a Dutch walker; includes details of his walking the Coast-to-Coast, and West Highland Way.
Long-distance Footpaths in the UK
- Hyperlinked overview of National Trails, Long Distance Routes, and other long-distance walking routes in the UK. [Wikipedia]
- A network of long-distance walking routes, Lincolnshire to Dorset, in the West Country, and the Cotswolds, developed to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support; includes maps, guides.
- Information about the 100 mile path in the centre of England, plus tips for new walkers.
River Parrett Trail
- County Council guide to a 50 mile trail along the Somerset and Dorset border, and across the Somerset Levels and Moors. Includes a photo tour, and information about artwork on the route.
The Rob Roy Way
- Official website for a walking route across the Southern Highland of Scotland from Drymen (on the West Highland Way) to Pitlochry, following Rob Roy MacGregor. Descriptions, photos and historical information.
Roman Heritage Way
- A long distance walk along Hadrian's Wall, and connecting via Dere Street to Melrose (links Wallsend, and Bowness-on-Solway). Information about routes, accommodation and services for walkers, and history.
St Kenelm's Way
- Detailed guide to a newly developed long distance walk across Worcestershire and Gloucestershire, linking the two places most connected with the life of the ninth century Mercian Saint.
Two Moors Way
- A long-distance walking route between Ivybridge on the southern edge of Dartmoor, and Lynmouth on the North Coast of Exmoor (102 miles). Information about access, connections to other routes, and a downloadable guide in PDF format.
The Vanguard Way
- Guide to a long-distance (100 km) trail from Croydon to Newhaven, through Surrey, Kent and East Sussex.
Walking Cheshire's Sandstone Trail
- History and wildlife, travel, accommodation, and walking directions.
Walking in Hampshire :: Long Distance Routes
- County Council guide to several long distance routes exploring the Hampshire countryside, including the Test Way, Pilgrims' Trail, and South Downs Way.
- British Waterways's guide to using canals and rivers as walking routes; includes a guide to the Thames Path.
- Official guide to 8 waymarked long-distance walking routes in Northern Ireland. Includes directories of accommodation, public transport, events, virtual tours, and a listing of publications.
Wye Valley Walk
- Official site decscribing the 136 mile route from Chepstow (Monmouthshire) to Plynlimon (Powys). Includes a description, news, and an accommodation directory. [Cymraeg and English]
Long Distance Paths
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 4, 2015 at 6:24:07 UTC -