become an editor
the entire directory
only in Recreation_and_Sports/Walking
Recreation and Sports
Long Distance Paths
Recreation: Outdoors: Hiking
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Recreation and Sports: Outdoors
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Travel and Tourism
The Caledonian Challenge
- The Challenge is for teams of 4 people to complete 54 miles within 24 hours, whilst raising funds for the Scottish Community Foundation.
- Self guided circular walks in North Devon, Exmoor and Tarka Country.
- Walking guides, hiking, photographs and information on walking the Lake District and the Peak District.
Derby Three Peaks Challenge Team 2008
- A personal account of the preparation and planning required to undertake the challenge for charity.
- Provides walking and cycling holidays in a range of specially selected destinations for the independent traveller. Details of holidays.
- UK walk descriptions, plus shareware database of the British hills and mountains. Also contains information on books and landscape photography.
- A collection of maps and descriptions of walks (in pdf format) searched using a series of interactive maps, directory of local accommodation plus hints and tips for walkers.
GPS Mountain Waypoints & Walking Routes
- Giving walking routes, tracklogs and waypoints for mountain peaks such as Munros and Wainwrights.
- Lancashire, Lakes, and Yorkshire walks, and links.
- Links on climbing, mountaineering, hillwalking and related accommodation. Includes books and maps purchase facility.
- A series of walking guidebooks by Mark Reid that cover the Yorkshire Dales, Lake District, and Black Sheep Pubs. Long distance walks via traditional English country inns.
The Institute of Public Rights of Way Officers
- A professional body which represents over 300 individuals who are involved in the management of public rights of way in England, Wales and Scotland principally as local government officers.
The Kent Ramblers' Association
- Walking guides, news and interactive map.
Olicana Telephone Company
- Contains background information on the walking club, with history of events.
- News, detailed gear reviews, features and links and much for walkers and climbers.
Peak Bagging Page
- Names, heights and grid references of hills in the UK over 2000 feet. Richard Moss.
Peak District Walks
- Information on the Peak District and the Grate Little Guides series of walking guides.
- A database of walk routecards as used by scouts, ramblers and other walkers. Searchable by location and area .
The Saint Kenelm's Way
- Long distance walk across Worcestershire and Gloucestershire, linking the two places most connected with the life of the ninth century Mercian Saint. Includes history of Saint Kenelm and detailed route instructions.
Share the Fell Walking Experience
- Walk descriptions and photographs from the Lake District fells, Scottish and Welsh mountains and other hills in England.
Sherwood Long Distance Walkers Association
- Details of challenge and group walks in the East Midlands.
Statistical Topics in Hillwalking
- Articles and information of a statistical or scientific nature for hillwalkers. Includes the use of altimeters in height measurement and UK weather links.
Three Peaks Challenge
- People climb the highest mountains in England, Scotland and Wales in 24 hours for charity. Ben Nevis, Scafell Pike, and Snowdon.
Three Peaks Challenge Guide
- Routes and simple maps, advice, tips and forum. Links page.
- Collection of walks around the country with route directions, trail information, maps and photography.
Walk Eryri - Walking in Snowdonia
- Walking routes, mountain photos, and a weekly snow forecast.
- Features walks, photos and other information for walkers and hikers in the British Isles.
- Information on various walking challenges throughout the UK, including peak bagging.
Walking For Health
- An initiative of the British Heart Foundation and the Countryside Agency to persuade more people to take up walking. Includes objectives, advice and related resources .
Walking Forum UK
- A forum for discussing all aspects of country walking and hiking in the UK.
- Descriptive walks in England and Wales.
- The UK site with a database of walks from all round the country - complete with Ordnance Survey maps.
- Highlights a range of walks in Wales with photographs, guides, maps and books. Includes link resources for hikers, ramblers and walkers.
- Free walking maps and GPS data for countryside hikes in the UK.
WebRing: Walking and Hiking in the UK
- Sites with content of interest to walkers and hikers from the UK or travelling to the UK.
- Welsh walking challenge taking in peaks over 3000 feet in height.
West Country Walks
- Provides free hiking routes in the region. Includes PDF downloads.
- Backpacking, fellwalking and camping in the lake District and Snowdonia . Includes trip reports, photographs and related links.
Usenet uk.rec.walking -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 3, 2015 at 13:24:03 UTC -