become an editor
the entire directory
only in Public_Transport/Rail
Recreation and Sports
Recreation: Trains and Railroads
Reference: Museums: Transportation: Railroad: Europe
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Transport: Rail
The A1 Steam Locomotive Trust
- Building a new A1 Peppercorn 4-6-2 steam engine, the Tornado, from scratch using original plans and new manufacturing methods.
Bassetlaw Railway Society
- Founded to promote railways, both models and full-size, in the North Nottinghamshire area.
Great Western (SVR) Association
- Association dedicated to the preservation and restoration of items of rolling stock, particularly carriages, from the UK's Great Western Railway.
- Monthly magazine covering restored and heritage railway operations; includes news, subscription details, back issues, and a collection of current articles and features.
Heritage Railway Association
- A guide to the heritage railway scene in the UK and Ireland; includes details of special events, trains and operating days for preserved railways, with information about membership, education services, and contacts.
The Lancashire & Yorkshire Railway Society
- Enthusiasts' group devoted to researching the trans-Pennine rail company and its 75 years of history. Information about the line, publications, membership, events and modelling.
Midland Railway Society
- Seeks to bring together people interested in the Midland Railway; information about membership, history, resources, publications, and contacts.
- Photographs of the modern railway, mainly from the UK but also Europe, US and Japan; includes work by several photographers, and invites submissions.
Railway Correspondence and Travel Society
- Railway enthusiasts Society, bringing together all interested in railway operation - past, present and future.
Railways Steam On
- Photographs of UK preserved and main line steam activity since 1990.
Royal Deeside Railway
- News and information on the restoration of track and rolling stock, plus related events.
Stephenson Locomotive Society
- Society for the study of railways and locomotion. Also includes information on George Stephenson.
Voyager, Super Voyagers Pendolinos
- News and information on UK Class 220 Voyagers, 221 Super Voyagers and 390 Pendolinos.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 28, 2014 at 15:15:06 UTC -