become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/History
Society and Culture
Regional: Europe: Ireland: Society and Culture: History
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Northern Ireland: Arts and Entertainment: Museums
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Northern Ireland: Society and Culture: Ethnicity: Ulster-Scots
Society: History: Academic Departments: Europe: United Kingdom: Northern Ireland
- Provides information and articles on the 1798 rebellion and the events leading up to this time.
BBC Online - Northern Ireland History
- Portal site examining history throughout the 20th century, including the World War II and features on the Troubles. Features multimedia items from the decades of the 20th century.
BBC: Key events in Northern Ireland history
- A special report from 1998 on the BBC News website, dealing with some key events in the history of Northern Ireland.
Cruithni, Ulster History
- A brief illustrated history of Ulster, with suggested books for further reading.
Federation for Ulster Local Studies Limited
- Local history societies in Northern Ireland. Profile, publications and events
Friends on the Somme (Mid Ulster Branch)
- Information about the society which records and commemorates those from the Mid Ulster area who served in the Great War and other conflicts. The site contains photographs and accounts of past events and a calendar of future events.
The Ireland Story
- History of Ireland from prehistoric times to the present day, supplemented with maps, and sections on the Troubles, the Omagh Bomb and the Famine.
- Includes a web directory, the Newsletter of the Irish section of the Paleopathology Association and book reviews.
The James Harshaw Diaries
- A description of the Diaries and of people of Counties Down and Armagh in the mid-1800s. Also includes an account of John Martin, Young Irelander.
The Linen Trail
- Summary of the development of flax and linen worldwide, and in the British Isles. Includes a section on Limavady and Northwest.
Northern Ireland Digital Film Archive
- Collection contains 55 hours of moving images about Northern Ireland from 1897-2000, including drama, animation, documentaries, news, newsreels, and amateur films.
- The Ulster Heritage DNA Project carries out genetic genealogy research for families of Ulster ancestry and promotes interest in Irish, Gaelic, Ulster Scots, Scots-Irish, and Hebridean origin Ulster heritage and history.
Ulster Historical Foundation
- A non-profit making organisation that promotes interest in Irish genealogy and history.
Ulster History Circle
- Voluntary organisation that erects blue plaques to honour famous men and women who have contributed to Ulster society. Provides information on existing plaques, with biographies.
Ulster Place-name Society
- Provides details of membership, the society journal and event information.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 27, 2014 at 1:15:10 UTC -