become an editor
the entire directory
only in Northern_Ireland/Government
Open Directory - Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Northern Ireland: Government
Agriculture and Rural Affairs
Culture, Arts and Leisure
Health, Social Services and Public Safety
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Government
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Society and Culture: Politics
Assembly - Northern Ireland
- The New Northern Ireland Assembly was established as part of the Belfast Agreement reached at the multi-party negotiations on Friday 10 April, now commonly referred to as the 'Good Friday Agreement'. This site provides information on the structure and function of the Assembly.
Central Procurement Directorate
- Responsible for public procurement policy in Northern Ireland. Provides details of the services provided, projects and publications.
Community Safety Unit
- Includes information about research, training and funding.
Department for Regional Development
- Responsible for roads and water, although it also has other divisions. Includes news and information about the various activities of the department.
Department for Social Development in Northern Ireland
- Responsible for housing, urban regeneration, community development, social security and child support.
Department of Education Northern Ireland
- DENI website providing information on a number of topics of interest to parents, students and teachers.
Department of Enterprise, Trade and Investment.
- Describes the role of the DETINI, the main Government Department in Northern Ireland concerned with economic development.
Department of Finance and Personnel
- Includes information on the work of the department in controlling expenditure of Northern Ireland Departments.
Department of the Environment
- Contains information on a number of NI environmental agencies.
Electoral Office for Northern Ireland
- Includes information on local offices and the voting process.
- Part of the Department of Finance and Personnel. Includes news and reports.
General Register Office (Northern Ireland)
- Responsible for the registration of births, deaths, marriages, and adoptions, and for issuing certificates, compiling statistics, and maintaining historical records. The site provides an on-line ordering service for birth, death, marriage and adoption certificates, and advice on the registration of these events.
Human Rights Unit of the Civil Service
- A unit within the Office of the First Minister and his Deputy. Contains news, legal data and information on training provided.
Labour Relations Agency
- The independent body responsible for assisting employers, employees and their representatives to improve the conduct of their industrial relations and employment practices. Includes briefings on a range of issues in employment law, including sick pay, holidays, redundancy, unions and employees' rights.
Land & Property Services
- Features general information on rates and valuations in the province. Online ways to control rate payment, contact details for county offices, and facilities to view official publications.
- NIDirect - the official government website for Northern Ireland citizens.
North/South Ministerial Council
- Aims to develop consultation, co-operation and action within the island of Ireland. Includes information about meetings, publications and contacts.
Northern Ireland Audit Office
- Includes background, reports, press releases and details of their audit work.
Northern Ireland Executive
- Responsible for the governance of Northern Ireland under the terms of the Good Friday Agreement. Provides a regularly updated gateway to information about the administration in Northern Ireland.
Northern Ireland Housing Executive
- Includes information on housing advice, homelessness, research, jobs tenders, grants, community safety. Publications, leaflets and application forms are also available.
Northern Ireland Human Rights Commission
- The Northern Ireland Human Rights Commission is a statutory body Established in terms of the Northern Ireland Act, in compliance with the Good Friday Agreement.
Northern Ireland Parades Commission
- The body which determines whether individual parades and demonstrations are permitted - includes their annual report, a list of past determinations and parades currently under consideration, details of the Commission's members, their terms of reference, a set of guidelines, and a Frequently Asked Question list.
Northern Ireland Planning Appeals Commission
- Provides information about the roles and activities of the Commission. Includes information on making an appeal.
Northern Ireland Planning Service
- Responsible for land use and development in Northern Ireland. Information on the agency, services, controls, and plans.
Northern Ireland Statistics and Research Agency
- Includes census information and details of how to register births, deaths and marriages.
Northern Ireland Water
- Executive Agency within the Department for Regional Development that provides water services for the area. Tender opportunities available to businesses.
The Office of the First Minister and Deputy First Minister
- Includes news releases, publications and information about the functions of the Office.
Office of the Ombudsman for Northern Ireland
- The Assembly Ombudsman for Northern Ireland and the Northern Ireland Commissioner for Complaints deal with injustice due to maladministration by government departments and public bodies. The site explains the complaints process, lists the bodies covered by this scheme, and gives alternative contacts for other types of problem.
Office of the Social Fund Commissioner for Northern Ireland
- Responsible for delivering an independent review on decisions made by the Social Security Agency on the discretionary part of the Social Fund scheme. Provides information on the relevant rights and services available to Northern Ireland citizens.
- Road authority responsible for public roads, footways, bridges, street lights, car parks and the Strangford Lough ferry service. Includes office locations, press releases, careers information and a facility to report faults.
Small Business Agency
- Responsible for the establishment and expansion of small businesses. The site contains information and advice on setting up small businesses and expansion.
Special EU Programmes Body
- One of the six cross border Bodies established under the Belfast Agreement. Includes information on current programmes and office locations.
Trading Standards Service
- Includes advice for consumers, a FAQ list, warnings about some of the latest hoaxes and swindles, and information on their work, including enforcement of consumer legislation, free business and consumer advice, and a calibration service.
- Includes advice for consumers, press releases and relevant links.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 6:45:07 PM EDT -