become an editor
the entire directory
only in Women's_Health/Pregnancy_and_Childbirth
Pregnancy and Childbirth
Abortion Alternative Services
Contraception and Abortion Related Services
Infertility Clinics and Services
Health: Reproductive Health: Pregnancy and Birth
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Business and Economy: Shopping: Children: Baby
- Offer pools for hire for home births and baptisms. Delivery throughout UK.
Association of Breastfeeding Mothers
- A charity that provides support for nursing mothers and information for students and healthcare professionals.
Baby Café Charitable Trust
- Co-ordinate a national network of drop-in centres to support breastfeeding mothers; information about their service, locations, advice, and contacts.
Birth Choice UK
- Assists women choosing where to give birth. Offers a checklist regarding options, information about maternity care, maternity statistics and research-based information about childbirth.
The Birth Company
- [St John's Wood, London] A clinic that offers a combination of a more holistic approach and a medicalised one. Also specialises in general gynaecological and fertility assessments.
- An educational charity promoting an integrated, holistic approach to pregnancy, birth and babyhood, using yoga techniques; information about their founder, classes nationwide, and newsletter.
- Information about scans undertaken during pregnancy including to measure nuchal translucency.
Gentle Water Birthing Pools
- Information on pools for hire and franchise opportunities.
Home Birth Reference Page
- Contains summaries of research into homebirth, references, links, and recommended books.
The HypnoBirthing Centre
- A site providing information about HypnoBirthing for expectant mothers, training courses, and information about the HypnoBirthing process.
- Information about self hypnosis for labour and natural childbirth, discussion boards and where to find your nearest classes.
La Leche League Great Britain
- Aims to help mothers to breastfeed through mother-to-mother support, information and education, and to promote a better understanding, of breastfeeding as an important element in the healthy development of the baby and the mother. Includes details of local groups.
The Miscarriage Association
- Support and understanding offered from the perspective of having been through miscarriage or ectopic pregnancy through a network of local volunteers. Includes introductory information and some telephone support details.
Multiple Births Foundation
- Independent charity based at Queen Charlotte's & Chelsea Hospital in West London, and aims to improve the care and support of multiple birth families through the education of all relevant professionals.
Nicky Menzies' UK Homebirth Website
- A British midwife looks at homebirth in the United Kingdom.
Post Natal Depression
- Information, stories and support forum.
- Author of woman-centered childbirth books. Includes up-to-date information on her work, both academic and activist.
Tommy's The Baby Charity
- This organisation's goal is to help prevent premature birth, miscarriage and stillbirth. Healthy pregnancy hints, toxoplasmosis, pre-eclampsia, and problem pregnancies are covered.
Twins and Multiple Births Association
- Registered charity for all parents with twins, triplets, quads, quins, or sextuplets. Events, books, list of UK Twins Clubs, holidays with other members, and helpline information.
UNICEF UK Baby Friendly Initiative
- Best practice standards in support of nursing - evidence, resources, training, statistics, guidance, leaflets for parents and strategies for promotion.
Women's Health Information
- A site by an obstetrician/gynaecologist, containing detailed information on pregnancy complications, miscarriage, infertility and other women's health issues.
Pregnancy and Childbirth
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 18, 2015 at 9:15:12 UTC -