become an editor
the entire directory
only in Health/Support_Groups
Open Directory - Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Health: Support Groups
ADD and ADHD
Blindness and Visual Impairment
Deafness and Hearing Impairment
Language and Speech Disorders
Health: Support Groups
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Society and Culture: Support Groups
The Agoraphobia Support Network
- Provides information and advice for agoraphobics, as well as their friends and family. Self-help support network for members to exchange information and experiences, and gently help each other to cope.
Anorchidism Support Group
- Supports any person, or families of boy's, with congenital (or acquired) absence of the testes. History of the group, what they do and how to join.
Beckwith-Wiedemann Syndrome Support Group
- Group providing information on this condition, a letter from Dr Beckwith, stories, tips and details of new research.
Bladder Exstrophy Family Association
- Non profit making support network for families of children born with bladder/cloacal exstrophy and/or epispadias. Forum and events.
British Porphyria Association
- Support organisation for people with any of the seven variants of porphyria.
Climb Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia UK Support Group
- Provides support for those with CAH, as well as their families, and raises funds for research. FAQs, information pack, publications, events, and stories.
Cushing's Syndrome Support Group (Yahoo!)
- UK forum for those with 'Cushing's Syndrome' - a hormonal disorder caused by prolonged exposure to high levels of the hormone cortisol. Yahoo! registration required.
Edinburgh Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Self Help Group
- Edinburgh-based ME Self Help Group (MESH) for those with ME, as well as their families and carers. Events, meetings, postal library service, quarterly newsletter, plus forum and members-only pages.
- An independent, international, non-governmental organisation dedicated to improving treatment and understanding of the causes and effects of bipolar disorder ('manic-depression').
- Craniofacial support group in the UK for conditions associated with craniosynostosis. Includes details of the newsletter, events, fundraising and resources.
Hop Skip and Jump
- Bristol-based day care and supervised play for children with special needs and their families. Includes facilities - serves all of South West England.
Jonny Kennedy North East
- Providing support for Epidermolysis Bullosa sufferers and their carers. News, events and community forum
The Mental Health Foundation
- Charity improving the lives of those with mental health problems or learning disabilities. Research, service development and information to increase understanding.
SIBS: For family siblings of people with special needs
- Support for brothers and sisters of those with special needs, disabilities or chronic illness. Fact sheets, workshops and conferences, plus training for professionals.
- Charity to support people with disabilities and life-shortening diseases, their families, carers and friends, offing care at home or in residential centres. Information on its services and chain of shops.
Verity 'PCOS' Self Help Group
- For women whose lives are affected by Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. Events diary, facts-sheets, web-links and discussion forum.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 1, 2014 at 0:11:03 UTC -