become an editor
the entire directory
only in Resources/For_Professionals
Open Directory - Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Health: Resources: For Professionals
Evidence Based Medicine
Products and Services
Health: Resources: Professional
- Publisher of databases on healthcare professionals, and their managemnent responsibilities within the NHS, including medical dictionaries, GP practices, hospital doctors, local government and retail pharmacists.
Clinical Knowledge Summaries
- Web-based service for healthcare professionals providing concise summaries on how to manage clinical situations commonly encountered in primary and first contact care.
Doctors Net UK
- Access restricted to GMC registered doctors. Medical databases, pharmaceutical/drug index, medical articles, forums. Free E-mail service available.
- Health news articles and stories from the NHS in the UK and healthcare news around the world.
- A collection of assessed Internet resources in medicine and related sciences. Includes a database with search facilities.
- A medical portal for healthcare professionals on the Internet. Access specialty sites, databases, journals, online textbooks, organisations, and jobs.
- Free clinical prescribing guidance and patient information. Password protected access to drug information.
Minor Illness Forum
- Website designed to share experience of managing minor illness in Primary Care - particularly the role of practice nurses.
- Password restricted Internet portal designed for doctors. Free accredited educational courses, information and forums.
The Princess Royal Trust for Carers
- Information, advice and support for carers. The Trust's has network of approximately a hundred Carers Centres in the UK.
Public Health Observatories
- Umbrella site for the eight Public Health Observatories, set up by the Department of Health, to provide knowledge, information and surveillance in public health.
- Providing medical news, medical education and general practice resources to GPs and primary care staff.
South Devon Health Libraries
- Provides access to databases, patient information leaflets, local and national guidelines and useful links. Some parts are password restricted.
- Directory of Hospitals, Trusts and Specialists in the UK.
Sullivan Cuff Software Ltd.
- Specializing in Warfarin dosing software for anticoagulation clinics in both primary and secondary care. Includes program information and links to related resources.
- Online database of the National Poisons Information Service. Access restricted to registered users, such as general practitioners and hospital departments.
University of York: Health Economic Resources on the Internet
- A range of links relevant to those working in the field of health economics.
- Postgraduate Medical and Dental education in the Wessex area.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Friday, October 18, 2013 11:24:22 AM EDT -