become an editor
the entire directory
only in Resources/For_Patients
Open Directory - Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Health: Resources: For Patients
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Health: Conditions and Diseases
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Health: National Health Service
NHS Direct Online
- Official Web site for the NHS 24 hour telephone helpline, NHS Direct. Information about health problems. How to keep healthy. Advice on when to call for help.
Action for Victims of Medical Accidents.
- Registered charity giving free advice about complaining about healthcare or clinical negligence litigation in the UK.
- Tool for assessing the quality of health information found on the Internet. Designed for use by consumers and still under development by the University of Oxford.
- How to complain about medical treatment and advice on how to set about making a claim.
The Medical Defence Union
- Prepared by the body charged with defending doctors in claims of medical negligence. This site has many helpful pages of information for both the professional and the patient.
- Directory listing UK health sites. Hospitals, GP practices, specialist sites, support groups, medical and health products.
- Unofficial online service enabling patients to share their experiences of health care in order to help others and encourage change for the better.
- Unofficial organisation which aims to expose and prevent neglect and incompetence in the health service. Examples of problems, advice on how to complain, and a list of relevant organisations.
The Patients Association
- A national voluntary organisation run by an elected Council and independent of government and health service organisations. Advises, supports and campaigns for better services for patients.
Private Healthcare UK
- helps people find information about private health insurance, private hospitals, nursing and residential care, health screening and the private healthcare industry in general.
Proprietary Association of Great Britain
- Represents the manufacturers of over-the-counter medicines and food supplements. Provides industry details, consumer research, and comments on topical issues.
- Includes information for students and young people on travel, sport, sexual and other health issues.
- YouthNet UK is a small registered charity, providing information on drugs, health, sex, housing and relationships for young people in the UK.
- Information and advice to health professionals and patients with self-help groups, research, nutritional advice, alternative and complementary medicine.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 23, 2013 at 1:05:09 UTC -