become an editor
the entire directory
only in Resources/For_Patients
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Health: Conditions and Diseases
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Health: National Health Service
Action for Victims of Medical Accidents.
- Registered charity giving free advice about complaining about healthcare or clinical negligence litigation in the UK.
- Tool for assessing the quality of health information found on the Internet. Designed for use by consumers and still under development by the University of Oxford.
- How to complain about medical treatment and advice on how to set about making a claim.
- Unofficial online service enabling patients to share their experiences of health care in order to help others and encourage change for the better.
- Unofficial organisation which aims to expose and prevent neglect and incompetence in the health service. Examples of problems, advice on how to complain, and a list of relevant organisations.
The Patients Association
- A national voluntary organisation run by an elected Council and independent of government and health service organisations. Advises, supports and campaigns for better services for patients.
Private Healthcare UK
- helps people find information about private health insurance, private hospitals, nursing and residential care, health screening and the private healthcare industry in general.
Proprietary Association of Great Britain
- Represents the manufacturers of over-the-counter medicines and food supplements. Provides industry details, consumer research, and comments on topical issues.
- Includes information for students and young people on travel, sport, sexual and other health issues.
- YouthNet UK is a small registered charity, providing information on drugs, health, sex, housing and relationships for young people in the UK.
- Information and advice to health professionals and patients with self-help groups, research, nutritional advice, alternative and complementary medicine.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 15, 2016 at 13:40:29 UTC -