become an editor
the entire directory
only in Health/Organisations
Government Health and Welfare Organisations
National Health Service
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Health: Medicine: Medical Specialties
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Health: Medicine: Surgery
Associate Parliamentary Food and Health Forum
- All-party parliamentary group which discusses all health, diet and food related issues. Programme, newsletters and contact information.
Association for Respiratory Technology and Physiology
- Professional association for practitioners working in respiratory physiology and technology. National professional examinations in both spirometry and basic respiratory function testing.
The Association of Clinical Electron Microscopists
- The ACEM is a professional body representing clinical electron microscopists. Includes information for lay persons on EM and biopsies, and a members area.
British Medical Association
- The BMA is the main professional organisation representing UK doctors and is an independent trade union. This site is primarily for doctors and some sections are restricted to BMA members only.
Clinical Trials Service Unit
- Medical research unit based at Oxford University. Studies chronic diseases such as cancer, heart attacks and strokes. Site provides some information on recent projects.
Council For Professions Supplementary To Medicine
- Professional association.
General Medical Council
- All practising medical doctors in the UK must be registered with the GMC. This official site describes the functions of the Council and displays guidance for doctors and the public.
HPA: Centre for Infections
- National information and response centre for surveillance and control of infectious diseases, based at Colindale, London.
Institute of Healthcare Management
- Professional body for managers working in health services in the UK. A site with detailed information about the Institute, including a private members only section.
Institute of Medical Illustrators
- Describes the aims and activities of this association, with telephone contacts for officers, educational programmes and links to medical and academic sites.
- An independent charitable organisation that works to improve health care in the UK by providing research and health policy analysis, publications and other resources.
Medical Protection Society
- Mutual assurance society providing professional insurance for doctors. Guidance papers and case reports available.
Medical Research Council
- Commissions, funds and carries out medical research projects. Details of the organisation are available.
The Medico-Legal Society
- This UK society aims to promote all aspects of medico-legal knowledge through its journal and regular meetings.
National Association of GP Co-operatives
- GP co-operatives are one of the means by which GPs cover their out of hours commitment to patients when surgeries are closed. This association offers support. Represents many of the GP Co-ops in the UK.
National Association Of Hospice Fundraisers Website
- UK professional association for fundraisers working in the Hospice movement.
National Care Forum
- Established to represent the interests of not-for-profit health and social care providers.
NHS Primary Care Group Alliance Web Site
- Support for Primary Care Groups and professionals working in Primary Care in the UK
- Police healthcare scheme covering England and Wales.
The Royal College of General Practitioners
- Academic organisation in the UK for general practitioners.
Royal College of Speech & Language Therapists
- The professional body for Speech and Language Therapists. Advice on training with links to recognised education centres. Post graduate courses.
The Sleep Council
- Body funded by bed manufacturers promoting the importance of a good night's sleep. Free information leaflets, tips and facts are available.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 10, 2014 at 7:05:05 UTC -