become an editor
the entire directory
only in Blindness_and_Visual_Impairment/Organisations
Conditions and Diseases
Blindness and Visual Impairment
Open Directory - Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Health: Conditions and Diseases: Communication Disorders: Blindness and Visual Impairment: Organisations
4Sight West Sussex Association for the Blind
- Charity offering support to the blind and partially sighted. Includes profile, information on organisation, services, fund raising, membership, volunteering, and events, newsletter, image gallery, and contact details.
Action For Blind People
- Charity for blind and partially sighted people giving equal opportunities in every aspect of their lives. Information, advice, includes housing and employment details.
Association of Blind Piano Tuners
- Serves blind and partially sighted piano tuners worldwide. Site provides information including mission statement, aims, member list and membership benefits.
The Blind Business Association Charitable Trust
- Promotes self-employment for visually impaired people in the UK by offering grants for equipment, education and training. Information about their activities, policies, and contact details.
Blind in Business
- A UK charity providing IT, technology training and teaching resources to help visually impaired or blind people. Offers employment details, training and events.
Blind Veterans UK
- Charity providing training and rehabilitation to blind ex-service men and women. Services, news and events.
The British Retinitis Pigmentosa Society
- Provides a better understanding of the inherited retinal disorders known as Retinitis Pigmentosa. Information offered in various text forms.
British Wireless for the Blind Fund
- Provides radio cassette recorders on free permanent loan to registered blind people over the age of eight who are disadvantaged and resident in the United Kingdom.
Cornwall Blind Association
- Offers a range of services for the blind and visually impaired. Information about their Sight Centre, activities, volunteer opportunities, and contact details.
Disabled Access Guide for Theatregoers
- London theatre guide including information on audio described and signed performances as well as general access information. Includes news and ticket sales.
Fight against Blindness (FAB)
- Raises money to fund research and genetic testing to cure the eye disease Retinitis Pigmentosa. Provides information on the disease and its symptoms, and on the aims of the charity.
Fight for Sight
- Work and fundraising details supporting research into blindness. Includes research and donation details.
Hampshire Association for the Care of the Blind
- Provides care and support to people with a visual impairment, using volunteers and staff. Information about their services, activities, history and volunteer opportunities.
Henshaws Society for Blind People
- Provider of services for visually impaired people across the North of England. Training, residential, support and care services.
Kent Association for the Blind
- Information about the services provided by this local charity. Contains some useful information about common diseases affecting vision and some tips on how to make the most of remaining vision.
The Living Paintings Trust
- Registered charity that offers a free service for visually impaired people, their families, carers and schools. They produce specialist touch and sound packs that explain a variety of pictures. Information on packs and library service.
National Blind Tenpin Bowling Association
- NBTBA provides competitive tenpin bowling leagues for the benefit of blind and visually impaired people.
National Federation of the Blind of the United Kingdom
- An organisation of blind and partially sighted people campaigning for better service provision and an enhanced quality of life. Includes details of publications and activities.
Norfolk and Norwich Association for the Blind
- Provides a range of services for the blind and visually impaired, including residential accommodation for the elderly, community visiting, education and recreation services.
- Oxford Association for the Blind offers a range of services for the visually impaired community. Information about their activities, newsletter, links, and contact details.
- Offers a library of taped reading materials for the blind and visually impaired. also transcription services. Includes playback tape library and links of visual and blind interest.
The Royal Blind Asylum and School
- Charity providing for the education, training, employment, care and welfare of blind and visually impaired people in Scotland. Annual report and information on their activities.
Royal Blind Society
- A charity offering information and support for families affected by Anophthalmia, Microphthalmia or Coloboma.
Royal London Society for the Blind
- National and international provider of education, training, employment opportunities, and support for people who are visually impaired. Information about their services, structure and history.
Royal National Institute of Blind People (RNIB)
- Charity providing a range of information for blind or partially sighted people. Includes fund raising details and events.
Sandwell Visually Impaired (SVI)
- A self help voluntary group for people with a visual impairment. Developed by visually impaired people and their associates. Includes news, hints and tips.
- Works with adults who are visually impaired and have other disabilities to explore their potential, develop skills/independence and enhance the quality of their lives.
Sight Support Derbyshire
- Providing a range of services to the visually impaired and blind in the county. Includes useful information, and details of services and volunteer opportunities.
Sponsor a Puppy Guide Dog
- Fundraising website for the Guide Dogs for the Blind Association. Sponsor a Puppy project.
Talking News Federation
- Provides information and guidance to local Talking Newspaper groups across the UK to enable them to provide a more comprehensive local news service to Partially Sighted persons within their community.
Talking Newspaper Association UK
- Provides national and regional talking newspapers and magazines in alternative formats for the blind, visually impaired and the disabled. Includes news, support and links.
Talking Newspaper for Coventry
- An organisation run by volunteers to provide the talking newspaper for the blind and visually impaired featuring news for Coventry and surrounding area.
Thomas Pocklington Trust
- UK charity providing housing, care and support services for people with sight loss. Information about services, eye conditions, volunteer opportunities, and branch network.
Vision 2020 UK
- Facilitates collaboration and co-operation between organisations within the UK with a focus on visual impairment, and who operate on a national, regional or international basis. Includes calendar of events.
- Support is Cheshire, Halton and North Wales providing a range of services for people with a visual impairment. Offers news, transcription service and FAQ.
- Offer services and support to the blind and visually impaired in Leicestershire and Rutland. Information about their activities, events, newsletter, and staff.
Visual Impairment Centre for Teaching And Research
- Carries out research, teaching and training, and provides advice and resources in the area of visual impairment and education. Birmingham based. News and project details.
Visual Impairment: Education and Welfare
- Association for Education and Welfare of Visually Impaired, representing members on Committees and Steering groups linked to VI issues. Open to professionals, parents and others.
Wales Council For The Blind
- Independent umbrella organisation promoting the welfare of blind and partially sighted people includes information about membership and current activities.
Wiltshire Blind Association
- Registered charity serving those who are blind and partially sighted in the area. Services, newsletter and local resources. Requires Flash.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 7, 2014 at 0:54:26 UTC -