become an editor
the entire directory
only in Animal/Avian_Flu
Open Directory - Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Health: Animal: Avian Flu
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Infectious Diseases: Viral: Influenza: Avian
- BBC Health provides information on this disease, its cause, symptoms, prevention and treatment.
- Information from NHS Direct on this highly infectious disease affecting birds including chickens, duck, turkeys and geese, and on the deadly strain H5N1.
- Sharon Redrobe, head of veterinary services at Bristol Zoo, gives guidance on handling and disposing of dead garden and wild birds.
Guardian.co.uk: Bird Flu
- Provides the latest news on the disease with special reference to the UK.
Guardian: Q&A: Bird Flu
- James Sturcke and David Batty explain the background to the virus and how Britain is responding to the threat of a pandemic.
Health Protection Agency: Avian Influenza
- Avian influenza is a disease of birds caused by influenza viruses closely related to human influenza viruses. Provides general information, guidelines, epidemiological data and information on testing laboratories.
Hot Topic: Avian Flu
- This article explains what avian flu is and why scientists and governments are so concerned about it. It also gives advice for UK visitors travelling to Asian countries affected by the disease.
JNCC: Position Statement on Avian Influenza
- Advice and latest news on migration patterns and the level of risk of wild birds spreading the pathogenic form of A(H5N1) virus, prevention measures and ongoing work, from the Joint Nature Conservancy Committee.
NewsNow: Bird Flu
- An up to date news source on this disease.
Q&A: Bird Flu
- BBC News provides information on this disease of birds, how humans may become infected, and the worldwide position. (January 10, 2008)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Sunday, May 16, 2010 7:37:06 PM EDT -