become an editor
the entire directory
only in Health/Animal
Complementary and Alternative
Veterinary Medicine Schools
Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy
Foot and Mouth Disease
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Society and Culture: Animal Welfare
Animal Health Trust
- Veterinary charity dedicated to improving the health and welfare of horses, dogs and cats. Includes information on the referral clinics, diagnostic services, research into animal diseases and the advancement of veterinary teaching and practice.
- Provides information and advice to cat owners and veterinary professionals. Information on services offered, downloadable publications and forthcoming events and talks in the UK.
Classical Swine Fever
- Provides the history of a series of outbreaks in the United Kingdom in 2000, the steps taken by MAFF to contain the disease and the criticism of the disease control strategy.
Common Zoonoses in Agriculture
- Provides information on a range of livestock diseases which can be caught by humans, the legal requirements in the UK, the precautions to be taken and safe working practices. [PDF]
Horse Care Transport
- Provides a purpose-built ambulance services for horses, regularly covering many point-to-points and other horse events especially in the South of England.
Infectious Diseases in Livestock
- Report from the Royal Society Inquiry commissioned by the UK Government into livestock diseases issued in July 2002 and a follow-up review in December 2004.
- The National Animal Disease Information Service is a network of 60 veterinary practices and 6 veterinary colleges monitoring the health of cattle, sheep and pigs in the UK.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 10, 2015 at 7:05:04 UTC -