become an editor
the entire directory
only in Government/Transport
Open Directory - Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Government: Transport
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Government: Regulatory Bodies: Utilities and Transport: Aviation
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Government: Regulatory Bodies: Utilities and Transport: Buses and Coaches
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Government: Regulatory Bodies: Utilities and Transport: Railways
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Society and Culture: Issues: Transport
- Conserves and manages over 2,000 miles of navigable canals and rivers.
The Chartered Institution of Highways & Transportation (CIHT)
- Aims to provide a forum for the exchange of technical information and views on highways and transport policy; to make roads safer for the travelling public; and to encourage training and development to meet today's requirements.
Commission for Integrated Transport
- CfIT. Established to provide independent advice to the Government on the implementation of integrated transport policy and to monitor developments in transport and the environment. Provides information on the role and membership of the Commission, plus copies of its reports and publications.
Department for Transport
- Responsible for transport issues (except when devolved), in particular railway franchising and a range of executive agencies. Policy papers, and speeches.
Disabled Persons Transport Advisory Committee
- Responsible for advising the UK Government on access for disabled people to transport and the built environment. Provides information on access to various modes of transport and details of the Committee's work.
Mobility and Access Committee for Scotland (MACS)
- Committee advising Scottish Ministers on taking account of the interests of disabled people in the formulation of transport policies.
National TravelWise Association
- Partnership of local authorities and other organisations working together to promote sustainable transport. Site provides news on the latest travel awareness campaigns in the UK and Europe, advice for schools and businesses, free downloadable materials and access to a network of professional organisations working in the field.
- Represents the metropolitan Passenger Transport Executives (PTEs) in Great Britain. Policy documents, consultation responses, research papers.
Transport Analysis Guidance
- Guidance on the conduct of transport analysis studies: multi-modal methods (GOMMMS), safety and environment, and use of models. Run by DfT.
- Government site providing access to information about transport facilities and services in the UK, including journey planners and live travel news.
- Responsible for the delivery of major infrastructure projects and for overseeing the operation of the Scottish transport networks. Information about schemes, reports, news.
UK Transport Statistics Information
- Official reports, publications and data on transport usage within the UK.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, July 27, 2013 1:37:24 PM EDT -