become an editor
the entire directory
only in Government/Trade_and_Industry
Trade and Industry
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Business and Economy
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Government: Regulatory Bodies
The Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS)
- Offers information on a range of services provided by the Department to help businesses.
- A service run by Citizens Advice. Provides information and links to sources of further advice on issues of concern to general consumers.
Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service
- ACAS is an organisation devoted to preventing and resolving employment disputes. This site provides information on how to contact ACAS as well as on-line information for employers and employees on a range of issues including effective communications.
- Self-help portal of action-focused information for small and medium businesses, linking to all relevant ministries and departments.
Companies House - Home Page
- Responsible for the registration and provision of UK company information. This site describes the range of activities and the statutory obligations of limited liability companies.
- Previously known as the Monopolies and Mergers Commission. Includes a list of MMC/CC reports dating back to the 1950s with summaries of some of the most recent reports.
DECC: Oil and Gas
- The Department for Energy and Climate Change's Oil and Gas Directorate deals with licensing and regulation issues, market promotion and the distribution of information regarding the UK's oil and gas reserves.
Export Credits Guarantee Department
- The ECGD is the government department responsible for providing financial and insurance assistance to exporters of UK capital goods and services. The site describes their products, services, information on credit lines and includes a FAQ.
- Provides the mechanisms and means for dealing with individual and corporate financial failure and the investigation of fraud and misconduct in insolvencies. Site contains guidance material and downloadable forms.
National Measurement and Regulation Office
- The role of the executive agency in type approval, EMC and environmental testing, such as ensuring that micropipette measurement is accurate, fair and legal, for the Department of Trade and Industry.
The Queen's Awards for Enterprise
- A Queen's Award is the highest honour that can be bestowed on a UK company. This site explains about the awards system, how to qualify, the review system and lists the award winners.
- Offers UK public sector and government contract information, also providing tender information throughout the UK and Europe.
The UK Intellectual Property Office
- Information about Intellectual Property especially Copyright, Designs, Patents and Trade Marks.
UK Trade and Investment
- Site providing information and assistance to UK industry on exporting and export policy.
- Customs and Excise offering accurate and up to date trade information for exports and imports.
Trade and Industry
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 29, 2015 at 7:18:30 UTC -