become an editor
the entire directory
only in Government/Regulatory_Bodies
Broadcasting and Leisure
Employment and Education
Finance and Auditing
Health and Housing
Industry and Commerce
Utilities and Transport
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Government: Advisers and Commissioners
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Government: Legal System
Better Regulation Commission
- Historical. Advised Government on the use of regulation and the scope for de-regulation. Reports, consultation responses, news releases.
Better Regulation Executive
- Unit within the Department of Business Innovation and Skills. Provides guidance on impact assessments and better regulation.
Charity Commission for England and Wales
- Regulates the administration and affairs of registered UK charities. Site gives detailed advice and policies on charitable activities, with a searchable database of UK charities.
House of Lords Committee on Regulators
- Ad hoc select committee established in December 2006 at the recommendation of the Constitution Committee. Transcripts of hearings, submissions received, and, in time, committee reports.
- Responsible for regulating the use and storage of personal information, and for overseeing the implementation of the Freedom of Information (FOI) Act. Site provides a searchable online version of the Data Protection Register.
Office for Fair Access (OFFA)
- Promoting and safeguarding fair access to higher education. Information about the regulator, access agreements, news and events, and information for students.
Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman
- Information on how to complain about improper or unfair acts or poor service from UK central government bodies and the NHS in England.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 27, 2013 at 14:09:45 UTC -