become an editor
the entire directory
only in Government/Legal_System
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Business and Economy: Legal Services
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Government: Crime and Policing
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Government: Home Office
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Scotland: Business and Economy: Legal Services
Society: Law: Reference: Europe: United Kingdom
Administrative Justice and Tribunals Council
- Supervisory body for legal tribunals and inquiries in England, Scotland and Wales. Provides information about the Council's role, membership and work, and links to related sites.
Advice Services Alliance: Advicenow
- Brings together information on the law and personal rights. Includes learning materials, case studies, quizzes and topical items.
- The national out of hours service that provides charging advice on behalf of the 42 Crown Prosecution Service Areas in England and Wales, giving the police access to round the clock charging decisions from the CPS.
HM Courts & Tribunals Service
- Agency of the Department for Constitutional Affairs whose remit is to deliver justice effectively and efficiently to the public. Information about the court system, hearings listings, and official forms and guidance to download.
Judicial Appointments Commission
- Independent selection of candidates for judicial offices. Site describes its role, responsibilities, procedures and activities.
Ministry of Justice
- Information about the ministry, which took over the duties of the previous department of constitutional affairs and parts of the Home Office in May 2007.
Solicitors Regulation Authority
- The Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) regulates more than 100,000 solicitors in England and Wales. Its purpose is to protect the public by ensuring that solicitors meet high standards, and by acting when risks are identified. The site includes information for solicitors, students and the public.
Treasury Solicitor's Department
- Government in house legal organisation in the country, advising ministers and administrators on a range of legal questions, including questions of domestic, public and private law, and of EU law, international law and human rights. Includes information about careers with the TSD.
- Details of the review by Sir Andrew Leggatts into tribunals.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 27, 2013 at 14:09:52 UTC -