become an editor
the entire directory
only in Government/Health
National Health Service
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Health
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Society and Culture: Issues: Benefits
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Society and Culture: Issues: Health and Safety
Committee on Carcinogenicity of Chemicals in Food, Consumer Products and the Environment
- Advisory body on matters concerning the potential carcinogenicity of chemicals. Details of the Committee and its activities, with downloadable copies of papers, publications and background materials.
Committee on Medical Aspects of Radiation in the Environment
- Advisory committee on the health effects of natural and man-made radiation in the environment. Provides FAQs on radiation issues, news, current work and details of the committee itself.
Committee on Mutagenicity of Chemicals in Food, Consumer Products and the Environment
- Advisory body on matters concerning the potential mutagenicity of chemicals in the environment. Information about the committee and its work, with downloadable copies of papers and publications.
Department of Health
- Official website of UK Department of Health, the government department responsible for public health issues. Provides material which is primarily for use by health and social care professionals, academics and other interested parties.
Food Standards Agency
- Provides information on UK food safety - news, regulations, and research.
Health and Safety executive
- Site containing leaflets on Hazards at work (some of which are provided in Welsh as well as English), details of HSE research and other publications.
Health and Safety Laboratory
- The HSL is an Agency of the Health and Safety Executive which supports HSE in evidence and control of risks to people at work. Overview of service sectors, training and administration.
Health Protection Agency
- Body comprising of centres monitoring infectious diseases, radiation and chemical poisoning, and preparing to respond to emergencies, in partnership with industry. Includes contacts for regional offices and laboratories.
Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority (HFEA)
- Provides information on fertility matters. It includes a plain English guide for patients.
Human Tissue Authority
- HTA controls the use of organs and cadaver material from people in the UK, by licensing and inspecting research, education and medical organisations. Includes details of governance, applications, transplant donation, legislation and communication.
Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA)
- Governmental agency with responsibility for standards of safety, quality and performance. Includes downloadable archives of reports, contacts and plans of location in London.
National Institute for Clinical Excellence
- Special Health Authority with the task of systematically appraising health interventions and producing national guidance on effectiveness. Full details of evidence and appraisal process are supplied.
UK National Blood Service
- Provides information on becoming a donor, where to make a donation, and facts about blood and statistics about UK donations and donors.
Health Service Journal: The New Government
- News of the appointment of Andrew Lansley as the Health Secretary, and articles relating to administration by the coalition. (May 12, 2010)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 2, 2015 at 11:07:01 UTC -