become an editor
the entire directory
only in Government/Environment
Open Directory - Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Government: Environment
Waste Disposal Services
Wildlife and Conservation
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Government: Agriculture
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Science and Environment
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Society and Culture: Issues: Countryside
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Society and Culture: Issues: Environment
Science: Environment: Organizations: Governmental: Europe: United Kingdom
Centre for Ecology & Hydrology
- Multidisciplinary science programme addressing issues in the terrestrial and freshwater environments.
The Centre for Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture Science.
- The centre is an agency of the UK Government's Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA) and is a scientific research and advisory centre for fisheries management and environmental protection.
Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA)
- The UK Government department tasked with issues such as the environment, rural development, the countryside, wildlife, animal welfare and sustainable development. Formerly MAFF, the Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Foods.
Drinking Water Inspectorate
- Provides information on research, regulations and water testing protocols.
Enhanced Capital Allowance Scheme for Water
- UK Government initiative to encourage the development, manufacture and purchase of water efficient technologies. Site provides details on how the scheme works and who can benefit from it.
Environment Wales - Amgylchedd Cymru
- A National Assembly for Wales initiative which contributes to sustainable development by supporting and encouraging voluntary action for protecting and improving the environment.
The Freshwater Biological Association
- Conducts research into freshwater science and technology.
Hadley Centre for Climate Prediction and Research
- Government-funded research organisation which aims to provide the United Kingdom with an up-to-date expert assessment of natural and anthropogenic changes in global and regional climate. Site provides information on the Centre, its publications and research work.
Pesticides Safety Directorate
- Administers the regulation of agricultural, horticultural, forestry, food storage and home garden pesticides. Provides advice for consumers and agricultural users on pesticide safety issues and regulations.
Royal Commission on Environmental Pollution
- Advises on environmental issues and provides a brief summary of previous reports.
Royal Parks Agency
- Responsible for administering and maintaining London's Royal Parks. Provides information about the parks, their amenities and forthcoming events and activities.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, October 15, 2013 11:19:08 PM EDT -