become an editor
the entire directory
only in Government/Economy
Audit and Purchasing
Society: Issues: Economic: Public Private Partnerships
- Information on the UK's financial affairs department, responsible for the finances of Government and the economic affairs of the UK.
Bank of England
- Controls the money supply and inflation and sets the base interest rate.
British Royal Mint
- Contains information about coins and coin-making in the past and present day, the Mint's own history and current activities.
- Official government service, providing advice and information for new and small businesses.
Commissioners for the Reduction of the National Debt
- Responsible for the investment and management of government funds. Provides information about its role and the funds that it manages.
Financial Services Authority
- FSA. Responsible for the regulation of UK financial system.
Guardian Unlimited Politics Special Reports - Economics
- Ongoing news and analysis about Gordon Brown's economic policies including taxes, pensions, budgets, unions, employment, spending and other topics. With interviews, spending reviews and full archives.
Guardian Unlimited Special Reports - Budget 2004
- Includes the full text and key points with news, comment and analysis. With personal budget calculator, talk boards and full archives.
- Deals with insolvency matters in England and Wales and some limited insolvency matters in Scotland. Provides detailed practical information on how to deal with insolvency matters.
National Insurance Contributions Office
- Manages the UK National Insurance system. Site provides information on National Insurance, how the system is administered and rates and allowances.
National Savings and Investments
- Information and advice from the state-owned investments organisation.
Public Works Loan Board
- Makes loans from the National Loans Fund (NLF) to local government authorities and other prescribed bodies. Site describes the work of the Board and its lending arrangements.
UK Financial Sector Continuity
- Joint programme from the Bank of England, Her Majesty's Treasury and the Financial Services Authority to promote and share information about financial sector contingency planning.
United Kingdom Debt Management Office
- Issues, and sometimes purchases, £-denominated government debt, being gilts and Treasury bills.
BBC Desert Island Discs: Sir Mervyn King
- Sir Mervyn King, outgoing governor of the Bank of England, is interviewed by Kirsty Young. (June 02, 2013)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 28, 2014 at 7:39:08 UTC -