become an editor
the entire directory
only in Culture,_Media_and_Sport/National_Museums
Culture, Media and Sport
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Arts and Entertainment: Museums
The British Museum
- Dating from at least 1753. Contains the national collection of antiquities, coins, medals and paper money.
- Project sponsored by the Department of Culture, Media and Sport providing live information, news and links for over 2,500 museums, galleries and heritage attractions in the UK.
The Imperial War Museum
- Founded in 1917. Occupies the former site of Bedlam Mental Hospital. Records Commonwealth military operations since the First World War.
The Museum of London
- Tells the story of London from prehistoric times to the present day. Overview, exhibitions, events, collections, community, archaeology, education, sales, press and photos.
The National Army Museum
- Created in 1960 to hold the history of the British army.
National Maritime Museum
- Incorporating the Royal Observatory, Greenwich and Queen's House. Promotes understanding of the history and future of Britain and the sea.
The National Museums and Galleries of Wales
- Amgueddfeydd ac Orielau Cenedlaethol Cymru. Comprised of various national Welsh museums and galleries.
National Museums Liverpool
- Controls various museums and galleries in and around Liverpool.
The Natural History Museum
- Dating from around 1860, the museum contains the national collection of geology and natural sciences.
The Royal Air Force Museum
- Holds the history of aviation in Britain.
The Science Museum
- Opened in 1857 to house collections of transport, agricultural machinery, photography, film and television.
The Victoria and Albert Museum
- Began in 1852. Holds a collection of fine and applied art and design, plus the museums of Childhood, Theatre and Wellington.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 13, 2013 at 9:21:57 UTC -