become an editor
the entire directory
only in Government/Crown
Open Directory - Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Government: Crown
Queen Elizabeth II
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Society and Culture: People: Royal Family
Society: Genealogy: Royalty
Society: Politics: Monarchy
Society: Religion and Spirituality: Christianity: Denominations: Anglican: Church of England
The British Monarchy
- Official site covers the monarch's role and the history of the monarchy; gives biographies of the Royal Family, and tourist information for Royal Palaces and the Royal Collection.
Bill of Rights, 1689
- An Act Declaring the Rights and Liberties of the Subject and Settling the Succession of the Crown. Re-established the monarchy as a result of the Glorious Revolution following Cromwell's Commonwealth.
College of Arms
- Official repository of the coats of arms and pedigrees of English, Welsh, Northern Irish and Commonwealth families and their descendants.
Duchy of Cornwall
- The official Website for the Duchy of Cornwall, the estate held by each successive Prince of Wales. Includes the history of the Duchy, its land, properties, building projects and business activities.
Privy Council Office
- Advises on the exercise of prerogative powers and certain functions assigned to the Queen including.affairs of charities and companies who are incorporated by Royal Charter. Also in respect of certain statutory regulatory bodies covering a number of professions and in the world of higher education.
Privy Council: Let's abolish this absurdity
- Roy Hattersley, a member of the privy council explains its function and calls for the ending of the odd circle which surrounds the monarch in this article for the Guardian newspaper.
The Act of Supremacy
- Passed in 1534, this is the piece of legislation which declares that the sovereign is Supreme Head of the Church of England.
The Crown Estate
- Property owned by the Sovereign of the United Kingdom "in right of the Crown" - with origins dating back almost 1000 years. Official site provides detailed information on the estates and their history.
The Royal Marriage Act, 1772
- Act requiring the consent of the Sovereign before a member of the Royal Family can marry.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, April 13, 2013 9:37:01 AM EDT -