become an editor
the entire directory
only in Government/Crime_and_Policing
Crime and Policing
Open Directory - Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Government: Crime and Policing
Crime Prevention Programmes
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Business and Economy: Industries: Security
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Government: Intelligence Services
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Society and Culture: Issues: Crime and Justice
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Society and Culture: Issues: Drugs
Society: Law: Law Enforcement
Association of Police Authorities
- Represents the police authorities of England, Wales and Northern Ireland on policy issues, finance and service conditions.
Crime Reduction Index
- Information from the Home Office to support crime reduction in the UK, includes the Government's crime reduction strategy and a discussion forum.
Criminal Courts' Review
- Site seeking opinions from the public on the future direction of the court system.
Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority
- Organisation that can compensate people who are physically or mentally injured because they were a blameless victim of violent crime.
DWP: Targetting Benefit Thieves
- Site allows reporting of suspected benefit fraudsters. Information and press releases.
National Policing Improvement Agency
- Works to support the police service, by developing technological and other improvements. Details of activities, news and events, and services available.
- Includes the board's annual report and the "Release Directions".
- Describes employment opportunities in police forces across the country, with details of the lifestyle, pay and benefits, and application forms.
- Provides recruitment and training information for Police Officers and Special Constables.
- Street-level crime mapping and force contact details.
Reporting non-emergency crimes using 101
- Details of a new 24-hour number provided by police and local councils in some areas to deal with community safety issues, including non-emergency crime, policing and anti-social behaviour.
- Includes new developments, recruitment and information on each of the operational units.
- Provides information about the sentencing system, and the work of the Sentencing Advisory Panel, and Sentencing Guidelines Council.
Serious Fraud Office
- The SFO is the UK body which investigates and prosecutes serious and complex fraud. Site contains a mixture of information on the work of the SFO at home and abroad along with a guide for witnesses appearing on behalf of the office.
Special Constabulary Stuff
- Information and links which will be useful to Special Constables.
The Criminal Records Bureau
- An executive agency of the Home Office which vets applications for people who want to work with children and vulnerable people. Provides information, contact details, news.
Youth Justice Board
- Charged with preventing re-offending by young people.
Crime and Policing
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, April 13, 2013 10:24:36 AM EDT -