become an editor
the entire directory
only in Government/Advisers_and_Commissioners
Advisers and Commissioners
Open Directory - Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Government: Advisers and Commissioners
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Government: Regulatory Bodies
The Agriculture and Environment Biotechnology Commission
- Strategic advisory body on biotechnology issues affecting agriculture and the environment. Information about the Commission and its work, with downloadable copies of reports.
Charity Commission for England and Wales
- Regulates the administration and affairs of registered UK charities. Site gives detailed advice and policies on charitable activities, with a searchable database of UK charities.
Civil Service Commission
- An independent body reporting directly to the Queen responsible for ensuring open and fair recruitment to the UK's Civil Service. Provides information and publications relating to the work of the Commissioners.
Comission for Rural Communities (CRC)
- Aims to address rural disadvantage. Details of work, news and events, discussion topics, documents and data.
Commission for Integrated Transport
- Established to provide independent advice to the Government on the implementation of integrated transport policy and to monitor developments in transport and the environment. Provides information on the role and membership of the Commission, plus copies of its reports and publications.
Criminal Cases Review Commission
- Independent body responsible for investigating suspected miscarriages of criminal justice in England, Wales and Northern Ireland. Information on the Commission and advice on how to make use of its services.
- Independent body which reports directly to Parliament, responsible for supervising and implementing the new regulatory framework for the electoral system. Site provides details of the Commission's work and reports.
Equality and Human Rights Commission
- Independent statutory body established to help eliminate discrimination, reduce inequality, protect human rights and to build good relations, and to ensure that everyone has a fair chance to participate in society. Site provides news, information on rights and law, and details of the Commission's work.
Forestry Commission of Great Britain
- Responsible for the protection and expansion of Britain's forests and woodlands. Site provides information on the Commission's activities, properties and development plans.
The Industrial Injuries Advisory Council
- Describes the role, activities and publications of the IIAC, an independent statutory body which advises the Government on the industrial injuries scheme.
- Responsible for regulating the use and storage of personal information, and for overseeing the implementation of the Freedom of Information (FOI) Act. Site provides a searchable online version of the Data Protection Register.
The Law Commission for England and Wales
- Independent body set up by Parliament to review and recommend reform of the law in England and Wales. Provides a profile of the Commission and its members with information on their work and a library of publications.
- Work in partnership with solicitors and not-for-profit organisations to help people access legal advice, information and help.
Low Pay Commission
- Advises the Government on the implementation of the National Minimum Wage. Site provides details of the Commission and its work, with online versions of its publications.
- Responsible for advising the Government on the implementation of the Medicines Act 1968. Provides information about the role, responsibilities, activities and membership of the Commission.
National Lottery Commission
- Non-departmental public body (formerly the OFLOT, the Office of the National Lottery) which regulates and develops policy on the National Lottery. Gives information on the rules under which the National Lottery is operated.
Office of the Parliamentary Commissioner (Ombudsman)
- Describes the role of the Ombudsman in supplementing the work of MPs in investigating complaints and possible injustices. Site explains how the complaints procedure operates.
UK Sustainable Development Commission
- Advisory body responsible for promoting sustainable development by the UK and devolved governments. Information on the Commission's roles and responsibilities, with an archive of papers and publications.
Advisers and Commissioners
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 27, 2013 at 14:09:53 UTC -