- This category tree is for websites relating to all aspects of government in The United Kingdom.
- The UK has three levels of Government - central, regional and local.
- Each of the four countries of the UK are represented in the House of Commons,
- by Members of Parliament.
- Three of these countries have devolved powers; Northern Ireland Assembly,
- The Scottish Parliament and National Assembly for Wales.
- England is not devolved from the UK Parliament, but the population of London alone exceeds these,
- and has the regional division London Assembly administered by the Mayor of London
- Statutory bodies working with UK Ministries and various research organisations,
- may also have websites listed in sub-categories here.
- Local: Local government websites tend to be duplicated across DMOZ.
- Once at the most appropriate Locality for the scope of their administration,
- Together as a UK Topic, according to EU Electoral Region (eg - Nine for England ), County, Unitary Authority, District Council and Parish Council.
- For sites which relate to the discussions on the European Union, such as Brexit ,
- please suggest sites to UK: Society and Culture: Issues: European Union: Opinion
- From there, enough websites may accumulate to justify a topic's own category such as:
- For UK websites about the discussions on the European Union and Single Currency see:
- UK: Society and Culture: Issues: European Union: Euro
- For other non-EU issues for which there is no separate category yet:
- UK: Society and Culture: Politics: Issues:.
Related categories 7
British Government and Politics
Directory of mainly British government departments and publications, compiled by a retired librarian/web editor.
CIA - Chiefs of State and Cabinet Members of Foreign Governments: United Kingdom
List of government officials and their titles, updated weekly. Also includes the head of the central bank, ambassadors to the United States and Permanent Representatives to the UN, New York.
Civil Service Pensions
Has information about the Principal Civil Service Pension Scheme and the new Civil Service pension schemes for current, previous and potential Civil Service employees and pensioners.
Aims to promote innovation though encouraging the use and re-use of government data-sets. Includes a directory of data available and of applications making use of the data, as well as discussion forums, and a place to submit ideas for new data-sets and mash-ups.
Downing Street Says
Briefings by the Prime Minister's official spokesman, presented in an easy-to-read format with comments and feedback from readers.
Portal to public service information from the UK Government, including directories, online services, news and information of relevance to specific groups.
Government Car Service
Securely transporting the UK's most influential people and important documents for the government and related entities.
The centralised registration service for e-Government services in the UK. Registering with the Government Gateway enables you to sign up for any of the UK Government's services that are available over the Internet.
HM Government and Parliament Petitions
Official online petitions in response to issues of the day, listing the number that got a Government response, and those that have been debated in the House of Commons. Includes response, videos of debates, and submission to those with a UK postcode.
The UK Prime Minister's home page, providing news and information about the activities of the Government, a history of Number 10 and previous Prime Ministers and a virtual tour of the building.
Other languages 5
Last update:September 22, 2016 at 5:35:08 UTC