- Avebury is parish administered by Wiltshire Council, 6 miles west of Marlborough.
- Within the parish the postal addresses refer to the towns of Calne and Chippenham.
- The village of Avebury is north of the A4 main road from Marlborough to Calne,
- and traffic passes through the village from Devizes in the south taking the A4361 to Swindon.
- Although now a rural village, it was once the centre of a primitive race, and its archaeological remains
- attract visitors, especially the UNESCO World Heritage site for “Stonehenge, Avebury and Associated Sites”
Avebury Cricket Club
Information on fixtures, results, players, averages, grounds, and events. Members of the Wiltshire Cricket League.
Avebury Henge Shop
Sells guides and books on archaeology and history plus jewellery, pottery, clothes and gifts. Includes information on the shop and Avebury.
Avebury Vocal Ensemble
A chamber choir conducted by Sir Peter Beale. Profile, concerts and contacts.
Last update:June 18, 2016 at 12:03:32 UTC