become an editor
the entire directory
only in Leeds/Society_and_Culture
Society and Culture
Gay, Lesbian, and Bisexual
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: England: Regions: Yorkshire and the Humber: Society and Culture
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: England: Society and Culture
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: England: West Yorkshire: City of Leeds: Society and Culture
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: England: West Yorkshire: Society and Culture
- Information about their publications, including online copies of Full Measure, their bi-monthly magazine, a list of upcoming events, and information about their ongoing campaigns.
Cornerstone Housing Co-op
- A housing co-op in Chapeltown, Leeds, who own 2 Victorian houses. Information about the co-op, housing co-ops generally, and organisations which use the co-op's Resource Centre.
- Enables young women to develop confidence and skills, and to take positive risks. Information about their services, partnerships, and contacts; includes listing of volunteer opportunities.
The Gnostic Centre
- An institution that helps achieve establishing contact with your Higher Self, your Being, so that you can then be guided along your own spiritual path.
Leeds Anglo German Club
- Multinational, not-for-profit group dedicated to the people, culture, traditions and language of Germany and German-speaking countries. Events and venue information.
- Discussion forum for locals.
The Leeds Philosophical and Literary Society
- Information about the history and current activities of this educational charity dedicated to advancing science, literature and the arts in Leeds. Events diary, membership and contact details.
Leeds Salon Discussion Group
- Lists forthcoming discussion topics, including suggested background reading, venue, speakers and contact form to join the mailing list. Details of recent events and speakers also included for reference.
- Established to strengthen and represent the voluntary, community and faith sector in the Leeds metropolitan area; information about their activities, training, support for social enterprise and for community-based forums.
- Offers a range of services for conflict between neighbours, in the workplace, and in the area of health. Includes information about their activities, volunteer opportunities, a history and contact details.
- Headquarters for a network of co-operatives, mainly housing co-ops, but also workers' co-ops. Information about membership, publications, resources and contact details.
St Anne's Shelter and Housing Action
- Information about the organisation's work to secure housing for disadvantaged people. Details for contact, job and volunteering opportunities, and a newsletter.
St George's Crypt
- Description of the work of this charity for the homeless, its history, and how to help. Includes Quicktime video of recent royal visit. On-line purchase of merchandise to support their work.
Voluntary Action - Leeds
- Database of links with voluntary and community groups in the Leeds Metropolitan area who are on-line.
- Formed to provide and maintain open spaces within the pre-1974 Leeds city boundary, for the benefit of the inhabitants. Information about their land holdings, activities, management, and history.
Society and Culture
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 8, 2014 at 6:15:09 UTC -