become an editor
the entire directory
only in Sheffield/Society_and_Culture
Society and Culture
Gay, Lesbian, and Bisexual
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: England: South Yorkshire: Society and Culture
Amnesty International Sheffield Group
- Information about the Sheffield AI Group and how you can get involved.
- Offers help and safe accommodation for black, asian, minority ethnic and refugee women and children fleeing from domestic abuse. Offers overview, referral criteria and contact.
Bradfield Village Hall Web Site
- Bradfield Village Hall is located in the Peak Park of Sheffield.
- Information for residents of the district, including maps of the area, a directory of local shops and a guide to local facilities such as schools and leisure centres.
The Burton Street Foundation
- A community based regeneration organisation in North Sheffield.
Caledonian Society of Sheffield
- History, contacts and application procedure.
Ecclesfield History Home Page
- History, photographs, maps, and the 1861 census.
Ecclesfield in Bloom
- News, photographs, and information about what people can do to help Ecclesfield Village win the next in-Bloom competition.
Ecclesfield Parish Council
- The council, parish, history, map, links, and contacts.
Ecclesfield School Virtual Community
- Meeting place and discussion forum for all ex-pupils and staff of the school. The community aims to enable members to maintain/renew contacts, and exchange information, and includes a contact list, mailing list, noticeboard, and Aedificemus magazine.
- A voluntary group acting and campaigning against litter and graffiti in Ecclesfield village.
- A list of Voluntary and other groups compiled by Ecclesfield Village Plan.
Ecclesfield Village Events
- Offers details of news, groups and events in the village.
Friends of the Porter Valley
- Monthly features of interest in the area, and coming events.
It's happening in Heeley
- A community space to share things about the Heeley, Meersbrook and Lower Arbourthorne areas.
- An organisation that promotes all forms of language use and learning in Sheffield. It promotes the life-long learning of languages and the use of the city and region's community languages along with languages in business and local and national education policy in languages.
List of Residents of Sheffield
- A list of notable people who were born in or near, or have been residents of the City of Sheffield.
Lord Mayor of Sheffield
- A ceremonial post held by a member of Sheffield City Council. They are elected annually by the council. The post originated in 1843, with the appointment of William Jeffcock as the first Mayor of Sheffield. Early mayors had significant powers, and chaired both council meetings and the bench of magistrates.
Nether Edge Neighbourhood Group
- A guide to facilities and services available in this district, as well as information about the area's history and details of the organisation's publications.
- Articles and archives published by the Heeley's Local History Workshop.
Sharrow Community Forum
- Helps groups and individuals in Sharrow to make the area a better place to live and work.
- A guide to the area which includes shops, restaurants, pubs and services.
- A blog about the city. Current articles with photographs.
- Online discussion forum and articles about the area.
Sheffield General Cemetery
- Friends' group for Victorian cemetery. Features include history, current status and future plans, famous burials, flora and fauna, and diary of events.
Sheffield Initiative for Fair Trade
- Monitors Sheffield's Fairtrade city status and to promote and increase awareness of Fairtrade products.
Sheffield Palestine Solidarity Campaign
- A group of people living in the Sheffield area who are deeply concerned about the plight of the Palestinian people.
Sheffield Paranormal Investigations
- Offers paranormal topics such as EVP, ghosts and UFO's.
Sheffield Rotary Club
- Details of events, community work, speakers, charities supported and local information.
- Online dating service dedicated to bringing together people in the city and surrounding areas.
Sheffield Social Forum
- The forum aims helps people communicate, learn from each other and form active campaigns around local issues.
Sheffield University and College Union
- Information, news, calendar of general meetings, committee meetings and other events and contact details.
Spartacus Educational: Sheffield
- Situated on the River Don and noted for its production of knives, scissors, scythes and shears. Includes painting by William Ibbit and excerpts from the works of several writers.
The Sylvia Pankhurst Memorial Committee
- A campaign for a statue of Sylvia on College Green in Westminster. Annual lectures take place during August in Sheffield.
Treeton Web: Orgreave
- Information on village history, map, mining and Orgreave Hall.
- Independent voluntary sector organisation delivering specialist domestic and sexual abuse services and training. Presents overview, services, training and domestic abuse.
- Article describing the city. History, governance, geography and the economy.
Society and Culture
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 16, 2015 at 23:12:36 UTC -