become an editor
the entire directory
only in History/Anglo-Saxon
Society and Culture
Open Directory - Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: England: Society and Culture: History: Anglo-Saxon
Arts: Architecture: Building Types: Religious: Christian: History: Churches: Romanesque: United Kingdom
The Anglo-Saxon Chronicles
- Complete modern English translation published by the Online Medieval and Classical Library (OMACL).
- Sean Miller provides an introduction, timeline, dates, lists of rulers and archbishops, maps, texts and translations, including a searchable database of charters.
BBC: The Anglo-Saxons
- Discover how the Anglo-Saxons lived with an interactive guide to 8th-century English life. A guide for schoolchildren which aims to cover KS2 QCA Scheme of Work Unit 8b: 'Anglo-Saxons case study'.
Britannia: Anglo Saxon England
- A series of original material and contemporary sources relating to England before the Norman conquest.
The Burghal Hidage
- Anthony Bradshaw explains this Saxon document which lists the fortified burhs of Wessex, with maps.
- An historian who specializes in the study of Domesday Book. Includes online text of lectures and information on his research and publications.
Dr Sam Newton's Wuffings' Website
- Explores the early medieval kingdom of East Anglia and its Wuffing dynasty as well as aspects of the literature, legend, history, and archaeology of Anglo-Saxon England.
International Society of Anglo-Saxonists
- Aims to further all aspects of Anglo-Saxon Studies and holds a conference every other year.
The Life of King Alfred
- Biography by Asser, Bishop of Sherborne, written c.888. E-text hosted by the Online Medieval and Classical Library.
Prosopography of Anglo-Saxon England
- Searchable database of all recorded people living in early medieval England, produced by academics from several universities.
- This living history group provides articles on Anglo-Saxon times with illustrations and references. Includes a virtual village, manor and minster.
- A recreation of an Anglo-Saxon house built at Market Rasen in Lincolnshire. Includes history, the story of its construction, photographs and visitor information.
- Robert Vermaat's look at British history c.400-600 AD. Includes discussions of the evidence for Vortigern and the Wansdyke earthwork.
Ða Engliscan Gesiðas
- An historical society devoted to the study of all aspects the Anglo-Saxon period. Aims, articles, Anglo-Saxon calendar and forum.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Wednesday, December 4, 2013 2:35:10 PM EST -