become an editor
the entire directory
only in England/Society_and_Culture
Society and Culture
Open Directory - Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: England: Society and Culture
Gay, Lesbian, and Bisexual
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Society and Culture
This category in other languages:
Albion Magazine Online: Exploring Englishness
- A biannual, web-based public service magazine dedicated to exploring modern English identity and culture, with articles on Englishness, books, music and film.
- A guide featuring travel, a photo gallery, studying in the country, news, famous people, culture and legends.
Battle of Ideas Festival
- Different strands of social, political, scientific, academic and cultural discussion are being brought together for what will be an annual festival.
The British Page
- Humorous and slightly sarcastic views on Britain and the British as seen by a Dane.
- The Guardian's Jonathan Glacey reflects on the meaning of the English flag on the occasion of its World Cup prominence.
Cross of St George
- Celebrating Englishness, with notes from English history, plus message board and chatroom for debates.
- A collection of online journals and short essays about the country.
Fly the Flag
- Promoting an awareness of England and all things English. Information about membership and events, forum, and patriotic paraphernalia for sale.
Icons: A portrait of England
- A catalogue of objects, activities and symbols that are uniquely important to life in England and the people who live here. Includes information and history connected with each icon.
National Association for Voluntary and Community Action
- Advice, information, publications, training, events, news and resources.
Nostalghia Southern England
- Photographs of Bath, Stonehenge, Lacock, St.Ives, Exeter, Dartmoor National Park, Shaftesbury, Brighton and London suburbs.
- Introduction agency also providing social events. Profile, services, policies, events and enquiry form.
St George's Day
- Campaigns for a new bank holiday. Profile, objectives and how to help.
Wessex Mediation Disagreement Resolution Service
- Provides a mediation service specifically for children and young people with Special Educational Needs. The service provides independent and impartial mediators to help parents and carers and the education authorities.
- Dedicated to the history, culture, folklore and regional identity of the English counties of Devon, Dorset, Hampshire, Berkshire, Wiltshire, Somerset, Herefordshire, Gloucestershire and Oxfordshire.
Usenet england.chat -
Society and Culture
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 4, 2014 at 10:15:08 UTC -