become an editor
the entire directory
only in England/Science_and_Environment
Science and Environment
Open Directory - Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: England: Science and Environment
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Science and Environment
Common Land Database for England
- Searchable database of common land in England. Lists parcels of registered common land organised and mapped by area.
The Countryside Restoration Trust (CRT)
- A farming and conservation charity, dedicated to restoring wildlife and maintaining rural culture. Includes a profile, news, events, details of their properties and support groups, and contact details.
Craven & Pendle Geological Society
- Programme, news, publications and papers.
Hertfordshire and Middlesex Bat Group
- Local affiliate to BCT dedicated to the conservation of species and their habitats. Includes introductory information on local roosts, detection, annual cycle, myths, children's quiz, related links and contacts.
Herts & Middlesex Badger Group
- Describes the group and its activities with events and information about membership.
Kemerton Conservation Trust
- A charitable trust promoting the conservation and preservation natural and man made beauty through countryside stewardship in the Worcestershire, Gloucestershire and Herefordshire area.
Moors for the Future Partnership
- Promoting the recovery and improvement of the Peak District's moorlands. Profile, partners and projects.
- The statutory service responsible for looking after the wild plants, animals, biodiversity, and natural features of England. Includes details of projects, programmes and publications, virtual tours of nature reserves, and volunteer information.
Noise Mapping England
- DEFRA site that allows residents in major urban areas to find out how noisy is it in their neighbourhood.
Peak District National Park Authority
- Features a learning zone and visitor information.
The River Ribble
- Guide to the River Ribble, from its source in North Yorkshire, to the sea at Lytham in Lancashire. With photographs of points along the way, linked to maps.
- Describes the tidal surge that sweeps up the estuary of the River Severn. Videos, pictures, and bore times.
Sussex Biodiversity Records Centre
- Works with naturalists to provide biological information on the species and habitats of Sussex. Reports on rare and protected species, surveys, designated and non-designated areas and key habitats and features.
Science and Environment
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 13, 2013 at 18:13:06 UTC -