become an editor
the entire directory
only in North_East/Society_and_Culture
Society and Culture
Tyne and Wear
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: England: Society and Culture
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: England: Society and Culture: By Region
Durham Dialect Project
- Studying the dialect of the region. Includes dictionary, feedback on words, games, publications and newsletter.
Durham Mining Museum
- History and culture of the coal mining industry in the North of England. Includes details of fatalities, disaster and collieries and pits.
Equality North East
- Equal opportunities issues for businesses and individuals. Includes news on equality and diversity, also recruitment, information sheets on law and equal opportunities policy and procedure.
- Offers ghost hunts in the region. Profile, services and what to expect.
The North East Forum
- Discussion board for the region.
North East History Pages
- Exploring the history of North Eastern England from the River Tweed to the River Tees. From "The Millennium History of North East England" by David Simpson.
North East Labour History Society
- UK´s oldest regional labour history society, dedicated to the study of working people's history in the region. Includes information about membership, publications, their activities and history.
North East War Memorials Project
- Categorises war memorials in the region and includes a name search.
North-East of England Green Party
- Political party with details of elections, local organisations, current campaigns and contact information.
Northfiche: Family History Microfiche
- Selling microfiche of local information from parish registers and county record offices for genealogists working on County Durham and Northumberland. Durham.
The People's Animal Rescue and Re-homing Team
- Charity that re-houses cats and dogs in the Tyneside and Northumberland area. Overview, re-homing, news and fundraising.
Rotary District 1030 - North East England
- District organisation for the 68 local clubs in the area. Newsletters, district officials and details of local clubs.
Waggonways in North East England
- The history and maps of Northumberland, County Durham and Cleveland,showing each waggonway (or wagonway), tramway, mineral railway, colliery, coal pit, lead mine, fluorspar mine, ironstone mine and quarry.
Society and Culture
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 5, 2016 at 17:42:11 UTC -