become an editor
the entire directory
only in Oxford/Society_and_Culture
Society and Culture
Clubs and Lodges
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: England: Oxfordshire: Society and Culture
10th Oxford (Marston) Scout Group
- News, information about the leaders and details of the different sections.
Blackbird Leys Independent Working Class Association
- Describes the organisation and its activities with news and events.
- Details of the Campaign for a Democratically Elected Mayor for Oxford.
Divinity Road Residents’ Association
- Community just east of the centre of Oxford. Local history, events, and details of amenities, together with news and information about issues such as planning, environment, and traffic.
- Charity providing support and housing for the homeless and unemployed in Oxford. Includes objectives, news and how to help.
- Part of Emmaus International. A charitable movement that provides an alternative to conventional services for homeless people.
Friends of the Trap Grounds
- Provides details of the successful campaign to register the Trap Grounds as a town green to protect it from development.
Friends of Warneford Meadow
- Information about the proposed planning application, and details of the campaign to prevent the meadow beging sold for development.
- A drop-in centre for the city's homeless and poorly housed population. Site includes background information, details of services, and how to help.
- A workers co-op which has been set up to make and distribute biodiesel in the Oxford area. They also offer consultancy and small scale reactors.
International Network for the Availability of Scientific Publications
- Co-operative network of partners aiming to improve worldwide access to information.
La Leche League Oxford
- Local branch of the non-profit, non-religious organization dedicated to helping women who want to breastfeed. Membership information and details of meetings.
- Oxford University's gay, lesbian and bisexual club. Activities, projects, photographs, and notices.
Mid Chilterns CAMRA
- Local branch of the Campaign for Real Ale. Includes events diary, branch area map, and membership information.
OARC Oxford Action Resource Centre
- Interested in community development and working towards a more socially just and environmentally sustainable society.
- Community interest company. Professionals and skilled persons give up their time and talents to provide a service for a fee. Profits are then passed on to the charity of their choice.
Oxford Campaign for Real Ale
- News, branch and festival calendars, pubs database, and information about the Oxford Beer Festival.
Oxford Civic Society
- This website includes all Oxford planning applications, the Civic Society's programme of events, and information on Oxford's blue plaques scheme.
- Free and confidential information, support and counselling services for lesbians, gay men and bisexuals. Contacts, services, FAQs, safe places, links.
Oxford Geek Nights
- Provides details of the gathering held every couple of months in the Jericho Tavern, with programmes of talks, and slides and video from previous events.
- Independent Working Class Association. Information about this political organisation and its activities.
- Independent local voluntary organisation dedicated to the service of people with a learning disability. Background information, together with details of activities, fundraising, and volunteering.
The Oxford Night Shelter
- Direct access accommodation for men and women over 25 open every night of the year.
Oxford Parent Infant Project (OXPIP)
- Works with parents to help them understand their relationship with their babies and toddlers. Project background, news and events, useful information for parents, and how to get involved.
Oxford Social Media Cafe
- Provides details of the occasional gatherings at the Jam Factory for people with an interest in social media to discuss thoughts and ideas and make new connections.
Rose-hill and Littlemore Children's Centre
- Local Government funded children’s centre project, supporting local children under five and their families through community based services. Covering early years development, childcare, education, family support, child and family health services, links to jobcentres and local training providers.
Ss Mary & John Churchyard
- Information about the Victorian churchyard, including details of the restoration project, maps, fact sheets, and historical documents.
Stop the Quarry
- Details of an unsuccessful protest against Railtrack's quarry in Oxford.
West Oxford Animal Rescue
- Animal rescue charity based in Oxfordshire but also covering parts of Essex and Sheffield.
Society and Culture
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 7, 2014 at 22:19:43 UTC -