become an editor
the entire directory
only in Northumberland/Lindisfarne
Travel and Tourism
Community of Aidan and Hilda
- A dispersed, ecumenical group drawing inspiration from the lives of the Celtic saints. Information about membership, retreats and events, regional groups, and their main base.
History of Lindisfarne, the Holy Island
- Geographical and historical description of the monastery, castle and village.
Holy Island Crossing Times
- Provides the official safe crossing times to Holy Island, also known as Lindisfarne.
The Holy Island of Lindisfarne
- Information on local accommodation, religious, natural and local history, plus books by local authors and local products.
The Lindisfarne Scriptorium
- Lindisfarne Scriptorium produced pieces of illuminated artwork following in the traditions of the monks who created the Lindisfarne Gospels.
Lindisfarne: A Brief History and Virtual Tour
- Dr Deborah Vess, Georgia State University, recounts her own spiritual journey to Holy Island as well as the island's history. Includes a pictorial tour of the priory ruins.
Saint Mary's Parish Church
- Anglican church. Information on services, events, church tour and restoration project.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 24, 2013 at 7:16:24 UTC -