Humshaugh is a township, chapelry and village in the parish of Simonburn. It is 5 miles north of Hexham on the banks of the river North Tyne and not far from the B6318 [Military Road]. The military road is so named because it was built by order of General Wade shortly after the 1745 Jacobite rising to provide a direct and easy passage for troops between Newcastle and Carlisle.
Bradley Research & Consulting
Offering services in research design, survey design, management and statistical analysis. Services offered and contact details.
Humshaugh First School
Information on staff, classes, news, school garden and the local community.
Northumberland Communities - Humshaugh
Offers history of the village, photographs and maps.
Last update:March 16, 2013 at 6:41:23 UTC