become an editor
the entire directory
only in Norfolk/Science_and_Environment
Science and Environment
Open Directory - Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: England: Norfolk: Science and Environment
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: England: Science and Environment
If Not Now When - Community Woodland, Suffield
- The community woodland was created in April 2002 after the death of David Hood. It provides a good example of wetland meadow communities, with half of the site managed as a formal garden area, with fruit trees, labyrinth and seating area.
Norfolk Bat Group
- Featuring Pipistrelle, Brown Long Eared, Daubentons, Natterers, Noctule, Serotine, Leislers, Whiskered, Barbastelle species. Articles on hibernation sites, and the Norfolk Bat Brick, with contacts for ordering.
Norfolk Branch of Butterfly Conservation
- Dedicated to the conservation of butterflies and moths. Information about membership, conservation work, events, sightings, news, and Catfield Fen reserve.
Norfolk Coast Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
- Describes the landscape, wildlife and heritage of the area, with information about conservation, and for visitors.
Norfolk Ornithologist's Association
- The only Norfolk charity dedicated to the scientific study of birds, principally through ringing and census work.
Norfolk Wildlife Trust
- Manages over forty nature reserves, stands against inappropriate development, and runs educational programmes. Includes news, opportunities to get involved, and contact details.
- Offers the public, conservation professionals, businesses and schools access to information about the conservation of biodiversity in the county.
Pensthorpe Waterfowl Park
- Located in 500 acres of beautiful countryside with meadows, woodland and lakes and offering everyone a chance to get closer to nature. Includes virtual tour and forthecoming events.
Say No to Ditchingham Quarry
- A local residents action group established to resist the proposed scheme by Lafarge Aggregates to extract sand and gravel from land to Fen Lane in Ditchingham, Norfolk.
The Breckland Society
- Encourages interest and research into the natural, built and social heritage of the East Anglian Brecks.
The Broads Society
- Mission statement, events, Broads Authority meeting report, rules, links and contacts.
The University of East Anglia: Environmental Sciences
- Offers a holistic approach to teaching and research, integrating physical, chemical, biological, social and geotechnical sciences into the study of natural and human environments.
The Wash and North Norfolk Coast European Marine Site
- Helps protect the biodiversity that makes this area so special by placing new and stronger responsibilities on public authorities and agencies to work closely together to safeguard the nature conservation interest of this outstanding site, in balance with the needs of its many users.
Wash Wader Ringing Group
- The group operates with cannon nets and mist nets, around the shores of The Wash with the main aim of providing a better understanding of the waders.
Wensum Valley Birdwatching Society
- Covers the area of the Wensum Valley between Norwich and Fakenham. Articles, blog, programme and links.
Wildlife & IT Solutions
- Dave Horsley is a biologist and gives lectures on wildlife and environmental topics and provides guided walks. He includes a photograph gallery and offers help with IT problems.
Science and Environment
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Monday, April 5, 2010 12:54:49 PM EDT -