become an editor
the entire directory
only in Kent/Science_and_Environment
Science and Environment
Open Directory - Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: England: Kent: Science and Environment
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: England: Science and Environment
15 Acres in Kent
- A photographic record of wildlife in the High Weald including birds, mammals, reptiles, amphibians, butterflies, dragonflies and other insects. The photographs are also designed to help identification.
Alkham Valley Historical Research Group
- Group of volunteers and students researching the archaeology of the Alkham Valley between Dover and Folkestone. Includes information on the area, news, projects, reports and a photograph gallery.
Bredhurst Woodland Action Group
- BWAG’s objective is to restore and preserve Bredhurst Woods, an area of 600 acres of ancient woodland, surrounded by chalk grassland.
Butterfly Conservation, Kent Branch
- Includes news, sightings, hotspots, newsletter and gallery.
Fossils of the Gault clay
- Describes the fossils of the lower cretaceous Albian in the county. Also identifies and illustrates the faunas.
Kent & Medway Biological Records Centre
- Provides a full data management service by acting as custodians of high-quality biological and environmental data. This management role includes the collection, collation, safe storage and dissemination of environmental data pertaining to the County of Kent and Medway Unitary Authority.
Kent Bat Group
- Working to help protect thirteen of Britain's resident species of bats. Includes overview, activities, events and joining.
Kent Mammal Group
- Raise awareness of the plight of the County’s mammals, promote recording and study of mammals in Kent, help to conserve mammals, and provide a forum for those interested in wild mammals.
Kent Reptile & Amphibian Group
- Provides general advice and monitors the status of herpetofauna in the county. About, events, news and membership.
Kent Wildlife Trust
- Events, membership information, vacancies, volunteering, newsletter, projects and details of their reserves.
Kentish Stour Countryside Project
- Works to promote both landscape and nature conservation in the Stour Valley, and develop opportunities for appropriate countryside access and informal recreation. Includes newsletter and information about volunteering.
London Clay Fossils
- Dedicated to the history of collecting and the lower Eocene, Ypresian, fossil fauna of the Isle of Sheppey.
M. Hendy Landscape & Conservation Land Management
- Working on contracts throughout the county together with conservation groups in Kent including Kent Wildlife Trust and the Kent Reptile and Amphibian Group to successfully create new habitat and translocate protected species.
Medway Fossil and Mineral Society
- About, membership. activities and events.
Mid Kent Astronomical Society
- Details of their meetings and events,photos, courses and contact details.
South East Kent Astronomical Society
- Information about membership, workshops and events, programme of meetings, and light pollution.
West Kent Downs Countryside Trust
- Seeks to conserve the Kent Downs Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty around Cobham and Cuxton. Offers leisure plots, news, events and membership.
Science and Environment
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 6, 2012 at 9:14:15 UTC -