become an editor
the entire directory
only in Travel_and_Tourism/Attractions
Travel and Tourism
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: England: Regions: South West: Travel and Tourism: Attractions
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: England: Travel and Tourism: Attractions
- Information on the collections at this Arboretum in Gloucestershire. Details of the history, conservation activities, and for visitors.
Cotswold Water Park
- Sport and leisure park. Recreational activities include water and jet ski, cycling, fishing, wind surfing, sailing and riding. Details are given of courses in the park.
Dr Edward Jenner Museum
- Housed in his former home the museum fills in the biography of the man. Also included are opening times and prices, brief career description, and links to pages about his discovery of smallpox vaccination.
Gloucestershire Warwickshire Steam Railway
- Preserved historic railway with period stations at Toddington, Winchcombe and Cheltenham Racecourse. Includes timetables, news, details of events, and how to get involved.
Jet Age Museum, Gloucestershire Airport
- Britain's first jet aircraft was designed, built and first flew from a Gloucester airport in April 1941. Display of many Gloucester Company aircraft, including a full size 1920's Gloster Gamecock replica.
Nature In Art, Wallsworth Hall, Twigworth
- A museum dedicated exclusively to art inspired by nature. It has been a winner of a special commendation in the National Heritage Museum of the Year awards.
Prinknash Abbey, Cranham
- The abbey is situated on the edge of the Cotswolds with views over the Vale of Gloucester. The site gives a history, the life of a monk, a message from the Abbot, plus details of their Bird Park and Pottery.
Prinknash Bird and Deer Park
- Set in a wooded valley at the centre of a monastic estate. Includes visitor information and park description.
Tailor of Gloucester Gift Shop and Museum
- Beatrix Potter museum and shop. Includes secure ordering of Beatrix Potter goods.
The Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust
- Engendering care and concern for wetlands by focusing on rare wetland birds and bringing people into close contact with ducks, geese, and swans at centres throughout the UK. Includes research information, news and events, and learning resource materials.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 12, 2013 at 16:07:28 UTC -