- Walkhampton is a Dartmoor village in West Devon, north east of Yelverton.
- Walkhampton is also an ancient parish stretching north east over Walkhampton Common, and east across
- the B3213 to the north bank of Burrator Reservoir, with its southern boundary with Sheepstor.
- The parish includes prehistoric settlements, and megaliths:
- around Sharpitor, and Black Tor, east of the B3213, then north King Tor,
- across the B3357, including those east of Merrivale, towards Great Mis Tor
- in the north to the boundary with the Dartmoor town of Princetown.
- This category caters for websites within the the ancient parish of Walkhampton.
- Most development within the parish, in recent years, has been at the southern border with the
- ancient parish of Meavy, at Dousland.
- DMOZ does not have a separate category named Dousland, since the three ancient parishes have been
- combined and given the name Burrator administered by West Devon Borough Council
- Websites which include more than one of ancient parishes, or refer to Dousland are included in that category.
Related categories 2
Last update:September 7, 2016 at 14:21:12 UTC