- Ashburton, population 4000, is an ancient stannary town, 10km west of Newton Abbot.
- on the south-eastern edge of Dartmoor National Park.
- This category is for websites within the parish of Ashburton, with its southern boundary along the A38 Expressway.
- Ashburton is almost surrounded by parishes administered by Teignbridge District Council, namely:
- Woodland and Torbryan to the south east Bickington to the east, Ilsington to the north east,
- and separated from Widecombe-in-the-Moor by Buckland-in-the-Moor to north west,
- Buckfastleigh is directly to the south.
- However West Buckfastleigh and Holne, immediately to the west are administered by South Hams District Council,
- along with Staverton immediately south of the A38.
Related categories 2
Ashburton, the Southern Gateway to Dartmoor
Official website of this ancient stannary town. Includes list of councillors, council minutes, business directory, accommodation, history, gallery, calendar and local things to do.
The Barn Owl Trust
National registered charity dedicated to conserving the Barn Owl and its environment and providing well researched and accurate information.
Last update:September 26, 2016 at 4:04:17 UTC