become an editor
the entire directory
only in Cumbria/Science_and_Environment
Science and Environment
Sellafield Reprocessing Plant
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: England: Regions: North West: Science and Environment
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: England: Science and Environment
- Garden magazine covering a range of topics but with particular interest in contemporary horticultural writing. Includes much plant advice and descriptions of many gardens in Cumbria. From Janet Queen and Jim Waugh.
- Details of the conservation projects, the Limestone Heritage Project, and the local Landscape Trust.
Cumbria Biodiversity Partnership
- The aims are to ensure that the variety of wildlife in the area are sustained and, where possible, enhanced.
Cumbria in Bloom
- A competition to promote local pride in all areas of the county.
Cumbria Waste Management Environment Trust
- The use of Landfill Tax to provide grant aid to Cumbrian Community projects. About the Trust, the Landfill Tax Grant Scheme, and some project examples.
Cumbria Wildlife Trust
- An organisation whose aims are to protect the wildlife of Cumbria. Today it has about 4000 members and manages around 40 nature reserves.
Fix the Fells
- Body set up to research footpath erosion and restore them. Profile, activities and visitor information with how to donate.
Harrington Nature Reserve
- Devoted to the reserve and the wildlife located there. Created by The Friends of Harrington Nature Reserve, a charity organisation set up to preserve and maintain the reserve.
The Limestone Pavements Action Group
- Campaigns to protect limestone pavement; works to improve the management of limestone pavement habitat in the UK. Includes information about their creation and natural history.
- Describes the landscape, wildlife and heritage of the area (also a UNESCO European and Global Geopark), with information about conservation, and for visitors.
- Describes the landscape, wildlife and heritage of the area, with information about conservation, and for visitors.
Solway Firth Partnership
- A coastal management partnership that embodies a voluntary and co-operative approach to management. Strategy, maps, photos, news and research information.
South Lakeland Action On Climate Change
- Aims to reduce levels of greenhouse gases across the South Lakes region. Information about events, lobbying, and contact details.
Science and Environment
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 29, 2015 at 5:54:03 UTC -