become an editor
the entire directory
only in County_Durham/Society_and_Culture
Society and Culture
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: England: Regions: North East: Society and Culture
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: England: Society and Culture
The Village Halls Consortium
- Information on what is happening in and around village halls and community centres in the district. Includes a listing of the halls and events.
- Parish Council, news, Seven Parishes Action Group, links and contacts.
County Durham Community Foundation
- Independent grant giving local charity whose aim is to help individuals, families and companies set up new charitable funds to help the local community. Includes details of grants, board members and contacts.
- Maker of pipes and whistles, reeds, repairs and renovations. Also a musician playing small pipes and melodeon with the Flying Toad ceilidh band. Located in Craghead.
Farplace Animal Rescue
- Sanctuary for unwanted and abused farm animals, small domestic pets and injured or orphaned wildlife. Includes case histories and a newsletter. Located in Westgate.
Finchale Training College
- Specialist vocational college offering training and support for unemployed adults with a range of physical, mental and medical health issues and special needs. Details of services, work placement, funding, facilities and college history.
- Representative body supporting all lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgendered students at Durham University. Also campaigns and liases outside the University.
- Liberal Democrat councillor for the Framwellgate Moor division on Durham County Council.
Northern Durham Liberal Democrats
- News and information from Lib Dems in Northern Durham.
One Voice Network
- Represent community and voluntary groups across the whole of the County. Features communities of interest, events, and publications.
- Liberal Democrat parliamentary candidate for North West Durham.
The Percy Hedley Foundation
- A charity for children and adults with cerebral palsy and children and adults with speech, language and communication difficulties.
- Information and pictures for this unspoilt village in the North Pennines.
Single Homeless Action Initiative Derwentside
- SHAID offers housing advice to young people aged 16 to 25 who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
St Mary's Parish Church Barnard Castle with Whorlton
- Explore the 900 year history of this parish with its links to King Richard III and the Durham Light Infantry. Take a virtual tour of the church. [some feature require Java plug-in]
- A short history of Weardale.
- Information on the village history, past and present celebrities, news and events, and a picture gallery.
- Includes many archive photographs showing the coal mining history of the village. Latter day photographs are also included.
Society and Culture
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 1, 2015 at 5:35:07 UTC -