become an editor
the entire directory
only in Cornwall/Society_and_Culture
Society and Culture
Isles of Scilly
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: England: Regions: South West: Society and Culture
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: England: Society and Culture
Society: Ethnicity: Celtic: Cornish
- Non-profit partnership that aims to promote economic development in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly through the use of broadband and ICT. Provides case studies and information for employers and employees on a flexible working project.
Agan Tavas - Our Language
- Organisation promoting the use of the Cornish language. Includes information about membership, classes and conversation groups.
Age Concern Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly
- Aims to provide help and support on any issue of concern to older people. Day clubs, home care, transport, volunteering and contacts.
- Includes Cornish recipes, place name pronunciation and translation, words and phrases, jokes and the All Things Cornish web ring.
The Bishop's Forum
- Charity supporting young people in the county from its centres near Falmouth and on Bodmin Moor. Profile and activities.
Byrth Gorseth Kernow - The Gorseth of the Bards of Cornwall
- Origins, history, ceremonies, archives and competitions.
- Offers free, confidential and impartial advice on a wide range of issues to people regardless of race, gender, disability, religion or sexual orientation.
Cornish American Heritage Society
- American society hold gatherings and workshops, maintain a library and a register of members' interests as well as researching Cornish immigrants.
- A guide to the Celtic culture of Cornwall. Includes traditional events, music, dance, cuisine, religion and literature.
Cornish Language Partnership
- Organisation implementing the Cornish language strategy. Information about teaching, learning and using the language.
Cornwall and the Cornish
- Lecturer in English literature provides photographs, folk songs, stories, history and Cornish poetry.
Cornwall Fire and Rescue
- Provides services, information and advice for the local community on fire safety and prevention. Includes recruitment, station locations, training, and related links.
Cornwall in Focus
- 500 pages of information focused on the county - the Cornish language, its distinctive culture and history and the scenery are all explored.
Council for Racial Equality in Cornwall
- Supports ethnic, racial, religious and linguistic diversity in Cornwall. Events, constitution and contacts.
The Friendship Force of Cornwall
- Part of a worldwide group of clubs dedicated to promoting peace and friendship through homestay exchanges.
- Malcolm Lidbury blogs about prejudice and discrimination by Cornish authorities against gay people.
- History, events, and details of the Parish Council.
North Cornwall Focus and Forum
- A forum and focus on local issues.
The Roseland Institute
- Centre for Cornish studies contains a library of over 20,000 books and produces works on Cornish history, essays and related subjects as well as a quarterly Cornish magazine, The Cornish Banner / An Baner Kernewek.
Secular Ceremonies in Cornwall
- General information about funerals ceremonies, weddings, namings and affirmations for the non-religious in the county.
- The title means Land-Truth-People in the old Cornish Celtic language. There is an exploration of the political issues involved in being Cornish and the history that has led to the situation today.
Yoga in Cornwall
- Yoga weekends, classes and holidays. Information on classes in Goldsithney and Penzance. Occasional workshops in Tregardock, corporate and one to one sessions.
Society and Culture
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 20, 2014 at 5:35:04 UTC -