become an editor
the entire directory
only in Cornwall/Society_and_Culture
Society and Culture
Isles of Scilly
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: England: Regions: South West: Society and Culture
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: England: Society and Culture
Society: Ethnicity: Celtic: Cornish
Agan Tavas - Our Language
- Organisation promoting the use of the Cornish language. Includes information about membership, classes and conversation groups.
Age Concern Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly
- Aims to provide help and support on any issue of concern to older people. Day clubs, home care, transport, volunteering and contacts.
- Includes Cornish recipes, place name pronunciation and translation, words and phrases, jokes and the All Things Cornish web ring.
The Bishop's Forum
- Charity supporting young people in the county from its centres near Falmouth and on Bodmin Moor. Profile and activities.
Byrth Gorseth Kernow - The Gorseth of the Bards of Cornwall
- Origins, history, ceremonies, archives and competitions.
- Offers free, confidential and impartial advice on a wide range of issues to people regardless of race, gender, disability, religion or sexual orientation.
Cornish American Heritage Society
- American society hold gatherings and workshops, maintain a library and a register of members' interests as well as researching Cornish immigrants.
- A guide to the Celtic culture of Cornwall. Includes traditional events, music, dance, cuisine, religion and literature.
Cornish Language Partnership
- Organisation implementing the Cornish language strategy. Information about teaching, learning and using the language.
Cornwall and the Cornish
- Lecturer in English literature provides photographs, folk songs, stories, history and Cornish poetry.
Cornwall Fire and Rescue
- Provides services, information and advice for the local community on fire safety and prevention. Includes recruitment, station locations, training, and related links.
Cornwall in Focus
- 500 pages of information focused on the county - the Cornish language, its distinctive culture and history and the scenery are all explored.
Council for Racial Equality in Cornwall
- Supports ethnic, racial, religious and linguistic diversity in Cornwall. Events, constitution and contacts.
The Friendship Force of Cornwall
- Part of a worldwide group of clubs dedicated to promoting peace and friendship through homestay exchanges.
- History, events, and details of the Parish Council.
North Cornwall Focus and Forum
- A forum and focus on local issues.
The Roseland Institute
- Centre for Cornish studies contains a library of over 20,000 books and produces works on Cornish history, essays and related subjects as well as a quarterly Cornish magazine, The Cornish Banner / An Baner Kernewek.
Secular Ceremonies in Cornwall
- General information about funerals ceremonies, weddings, namings and affirmations for the non-religious in the county.
Yoga in Cornwall
- Yoga weekends, classes and holidays. Information on classes in Goldsithney and Penzance. Occasional workshops in Tregardock, corporate and one to one sessions.
Society and Culture
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 23, 2015 at 2:15:05 UTC -