become an editor
the entire directory
only in Cornwall/Science_and_Environment
Science and Environment
Isles of Scilly
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: England: Regions: South West: Science and Environment
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: England: Science and Environment
Cornish Geology Website
- The geology of SW Cornwall. History, tectonics, magnatism, mineralisation and mining. Includes a section of photographs, plans and sections of South Crofty Tin Mine.
- The Dry Stone Walling Association provide a specification for Cornish hedges.
Cornish Wildlife Mailing List
- A group that discusses nature local conservation by e-mail.
- A partnership coordinating the management of a designated Area of Natural Beauty throughout Cornwall.
Cornwall Astronomy Society (An Kowethas Steronieth Kernow)
- Information about the group and their objectives, with a photo gallery, events listing and contact details.
Cornwall Bird Watching and Preservation Society
- The society's main objectives are to study, monitor and preserve birds.
Cornwall Butterfly Conservation
- The Cornish branch of Butterfly Conservation dedicated to saving wild butterflies, moths and their habitats in Cornwall.
Cornwall Community Climate Forum
- Discusses transition to green energy and issues.
Cornwall Mammal Group
- Aim to protect the mammals of Cornwall by promoting conservation and recording. Includes information on events, mapping and recording and on becoming a member.
Cornwall Moth Group
- Promoting the recording and conservation of moths in Cornwall.
Cornwall Wildlife Trust
- The Trust is a registered charity and is the only organisation dedicated to the conservation of the Cornish environment and its wildlife.
Environmental Records Centre for Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly
- ERCCIS is the environmental and biological record centre for wildlife and geological information in Cornwall. Site contains information on Cornish wildlife, recording projects and training courses.
National Coastwatch Institution (NCI) Stations in Cornwall
- An organisation dedicated to restoring visual watches along the coast of Cornwall.
Royal Geological Society of Cornwall
- Profile, transactions and information about field trips and meetings.
- A charity that works on practical projects to encourage people to walk, cycle and use public transport.
Tamar Valley Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
- Describes the landscape, wildlife and heritage of the area, with information about conservation, and for visitors.
The Tortoise Garden
- A sanctuary for the rescue, care and conservation of all breeds of tortoises. News, photo gallery, and visitor information.
West Cornwall Badger Group
- Part of Brock the Cornwall branch of the National Federation of Badger Groups (NFBG)
West Cornwall Women’s Land Trust
- A 2 acre field near Sancreed in west Cornwall that was purchased in 1996 by donations, and then legally placed in Trust for women to use and enjoy.
Science and Environment
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 13, 2015 at 13:59:19 UTC -